Energizer shows off phone with 18,000mAh battery

midian182

Staff member
Something to look forward to: In a world of folding phones, 5G, and hole-punch cameras, one thing people still crave is a smartphone that lasts more than a day on a single charge. That’s where Energizer comes in. Its Power Max P18K Pop handset features a massive 18,000mAh battery, which the company says makes it the phone “with the most powerful battery on the market.”

At last year’s MWC, Energizer showed off the Power Max P16K Pro, which has a 16,000mAh battery. With the successor, the firm has decided to up the power.

Energizer says the P18K Pop’s battery, which is around five times bigger than those found in most modern smartphones, allows users to continuously watch videos for two days, listen to 100 hours of music, or talk for 90 hours. It also provides 50 days of standby time.

Such a large battery means the P18K Pop is an absolute beast. At 18mm thick, it’s almost three times thicker than an iPhone—you’ll certainly feel this bulging in your pocket.

Photos courtesy of Phone Arena

While the battery might compel people to buy the P18K Pop, some of the phone’s other hardware isn’t quite as impressive. It comes with a 2GHz CPU from MediaTek and isn’t waterproof, but there are some modern features: USB Type-C for ‘fast charging’ (8 hours for a full charge), 6GB RAM, a 6.2-inch LCD screen, a triple-lens 12-megapixel rear camera array with depth sensor, Android 9, and a popup dual selfie cam. Additionally, that enormous battery allows it to double as a power bank, letting you charge other devices.

The Energizer Power Max P18K Pop launches this June priced at 600 Euros, which is around $682.

Permalink to story.

Dang, that would last me weeks without charging. But the phone I have already lasts almost a week (at times) as is, so I'm fine with the smaller form lol

Haha that's hilarious. I love phones with big batteries and advocate for bigger batteries but that's miles over the top.

Its obviously some weird showcase for them as a battery company.

If someone offered me a high end phone with say a 5000mah battery even though it's obviously going to be a bit thicker and heavier I would take it.

As it happens there is limited choice in phones these days. I mean that in terms of differentiation. Yes, there a billion choices for phones, but hardly any I really want.

Your options are tiny for high end compact Android phones with a 5 inch screen or less for example. Everyone just wants to sell you a 6+ inch screen and no SD card slot. Bah!

Haha that's hilarious. I love phones with big batteries and advocate for bigger batteries but that's miles over the top.

Its obviously some weird showcase for them as a battery company.

If someone offered me a high end phone with say a 5000mah battery even though it's obviously going to be a bit thicker and heavier I would take it.

As it happens there is limited choice in phones these days. I mean that in terms of differentiation. Yes, there a billion choices for phones, but hardly any I really want.

Your options are tiny for high end compact Android phones with a 5 inch screen or less for example. Everyone just wants to sell you a 6+ inch screen and no SD card slot. Bah!
I think this is Energizer testing the market for demand from the people say, screw thin phones, I want a big battery!". So they made a phone with a giant battery that's too big and then they work back from there. That or this could be what I can an expedition phone. This thing can be stored in a backpack or glovebox for weeks without having need a charge. You aren't going to be texting mom or posting memes while driving through an Angolan mine field

If apple or samsung made a phone that could hold for the same amount of time, it would probably be half the thickness.
All these no name companies making phones cant produce the same quality batteries or optimize the OS to use them the best way possible.

If apple or samsung made a phone that could hold for the same amount of time, it would probably be half the thickness.
All these no name companies making phones cant produce the same quality batteries or optimize the OS to use them the best way possible.
YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF ENERGIZER??? They're a multibillion dollar company and have been making batteries for over 100 years.

YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF ENERGIZER??? They're a multibillion dollar company and have been making batteries for over 100 years.
I didnt realize it was that energizer, I judged the device by construction and shape, and concluded it must have been cheap Chinese noname like many cheap battery phones I have seen from China.

I didnt realize it was that energizer, I judged the device by construction and shape, and concluded it must have been cheap Chinese noname like many cheap battery phones I have seen from China.
No worries, incredulous responses are fun to me so I had to take advantage of the situation by going over the top.

For my 4K videography and my travel videos I carry a Mophie Powerstation 8x 15,000 Mah battery.

My iPhone XS Max's internal battery can do around 3 hours of 4K60fps recording with the screen brightness turned down.

The Mophie recharges it on the spot up to 4 times.

Thing is, when I'm finalizing a video on the long plane ride, since there's nothing else to do with the phone, I just let it run and have a finalized clip in around 5 hours.

Now, I paid less than $100 for my battery.

Why would I buy this for $682?

They just released a faster charger for this phone:
404770_154239254679868_125714114199049_142034_1543554421_n.jpg

https://www.pocket-lint.com/phones/...20-motorola-moto-g7-power-review-battery-life

5,000mah, sd card and not too large - definitely on my shopping list

I wonder what the battery type is? It's possible that it one of those new solid-state batteries that don't explode like Lith-Ion.
Nope, no miracle battery. You'd hear about it day and night, if one of those inventions ever made it to a shelf.

Do I have to wear a jock strap to avoid getting a hernia from carrying such a heavy looking battery all day?

That is not a phone, it's a battery in a shiny case with a touchscreen and a back camera.
Weeeeell what if it was a shiny case with a touchscreen a back camera... with mini jumper cables going to a sealed led acid UPS battery housed inside a school back pack? :p

Back