Epic Games Store's Black Friday sale delivers first-time discounts on Far Cry 6, Back...

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Editor's take: The Epic Games Store has gone live with its Black Friday 2021 sale a bit early, giving gamers even more time to peruse the digital storefront and decide what to take home. There's plenty to choose from but if you are like me, you'll make a bee line directly to the value vault to find the deepest discounts.

Epic notes that many games are being discounted for the first time. For example, you can grab Back 4 Blood: Standard Edition for $41.99 after a 30 percent price cut. Far Cry 6 Standard Edition, meanwhile, can be yours for $47.99 with a more modest 17 percent discount, and you can pick up Crysis Remastered Trilogy for 20 percent off, bringing it down to $39.99.

Elsewhere, you can find Hitman 3 for $23.99 after a 60 percent price cut, or pick up Red Dead Redemption II for half off. Other fan favorites like Borderlands 3 and Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition are both marked down to $14.99 each.

Over in the value vault, the discounts are even deeper. Sid Meier’s Civilization VI can be yours for only $8.99 after an 85 percent price cut. Ghost Recon Breakpoint is also $8.99 after an 85 percent discount, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition is $9.99 after an 80 percent markdown. This War of Mine, a game I’ve been meaning to play for a while now, is only $3.99, and Among Us can be had for $3.74.

The Epic Games Store’s Black Friday 2021 sale runs through November 30.

Permalink to story.

The Epic sale is a lot better than the steam sale. I’d recommend Kena: Bridge of Spirits, it’s a PS exclusive that made it to the Epic store on PC and it’s surprised me a lot, I certainly preferred it to AC or Fenix. I’d also recommend Far Cry 6, or rather Far Cry 3.5, which I thought had the best weapons, gunplay and graphics for a Far Cry game yet and there’s no more collecting plants or animal skins which is nice. Although if you didn’t like the previous games it’s not for you.

Article mentions Back 4 Blood but even on sale that’s too expensive, you can get a few months of Xbox game pass for that money and the game is on there. It needs to be F2P or cheap, me and my friends played it for two days before we got bored, personally I prefer World War Z, it’s got more weapons and better environments.

Interesting that 2 great characters Nacho and Gustavo Frings from Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul (one heck of a series!!), are featured in 2 Far Cry games!

Back