Epic launches its second Mega Sale, bringing back unlimited $10 coupons

Polycount

Staff
In brief: Epic's second annual Mega Sale is back with a vengeance. Just like last year, it's bringing fantastic discounts on a wide variety of games. It's set to run until June 11, giving you almost a month to grab dozens of great titles at up to 75 percent off.

Whether you love or hate the Epic Games Store, it'll be pretty tough to pass up some of these deals -- especially since the latest Mega Sale is bringing back the Epic Coupon. The Epic Coupon, for those who don't know, is given to everyone who logs into the Epic Games Store and hits the "Claim" button on this page.

This coupon is good for $10 off any game (or add-on) priced $15 or higher. That's a nice freebie, but it gets better: as soon as successfully redeem the coupon, you'll get another, and then another. You can repeat this process as many times as you like; there's no upper limit. More importantly, you can use the coupon on games that are already discounted.

So, for example, if you want to grab Control -- which is ordinarily $60 -- you'd only be paying $20 in the end, due to both the Epic Coupon and its current 50 percent discount. Of course, your own funds and the number of games you have an interest in will restrict you somewhat.

You can examine the Mega Sale's deals yourself whenever you please, but we'll list off a couple more enticing ones here. For starters, Gearbox's latest chaos-infused shooter, Borderlands 3, is 50 percent off, bringing the price down to $30 (or $20 with an Epic Coupon).

The excellent city-building/strategy hybrid Anno 1800 can also be snagged for $30, and Assassin's Creed Odyssey will only run you $20 before coupon redemption. While it's not eligible for coupon savings, you might also consider snagging The Division 2, which is a whopping 67 percent off right now, bringing the total cost down to $9.89.

As we reported recently, Epic is also using the Sale festivities to give away free copies of Grand Theft Auto V's Premium Edition. If you haven't played the ridiculously-popular third-person shooter yet, now's a great time to give it a shot.

Permalink to story.

Eh, sorry. Still not installing that launcher on my rig. Hell, I don't even do steam hardware surveys because they want to know what software you got installed.

The launcher snobbery/loyalty amongst PC gamers is hilarious. It’s a programme that launches software made elsewhere, millions use most of them with no problems. You’d think this wouldn’t be a thing.

But no, “I will only click on “X” launcher, the others are not good enough for my machine.”

The launcher snobbery/loyalty amongst PC gamers is hilarious. It’s a programme that launches software made elsewhere, millions use most of them with no problems. You’d think this wouldn’t be a thing.

But no, “I will only click on “X” launcher, the others are not good enough for my machine.”

Its not so much a snobbery/loyalty but frustration on how many "shops" we have to install and the whole buying up games by Epic was quite a crappy move by them, I was quite hostile towards them when it first came out eventually I got over it ?

I've been collecting free games from Epic. The biggest downloads I got for free so far are Assassin's Creed Syndicate and now, the ongoing GTA V.

As a gamer, one tends to gain if the game is sold cheaper. Epic launcher is just similar to Steam, the grandad of launchers itself, which I am also using. And both these need to further connect to Rockstar or UPlay anyway, after launching. It's sad that it has come to the stages of launchers instead of buying the CD or DVD and just install and play like those days, but it is what it is now.

Yes, the craziness of the ruckus for or against a launcher is becoming more childish and laughable.

Really happy to see that the coupons can be used on DLC this time around. Picked up Journey to a Savage Planet for $7 too!

I just want to have all my games in one place. GOG Galaxy has come the closest but you still have to launch all the launchers after. Also, you never really own a game with launchers, you're just leasing them. If those companies ever decide to pull support or go bankrupt, whoops there goes hundreds of dollars in your collection. It would be nice to have hard copies that actually work as hard copies.

I have had STEAM for many years. FACTS: Their website reports 94-millon users per month. Estimated 2020 revenue $5-billion with only 250 employees and which is making Gabe Newell CEO very happy. Mr. Newell's current networth as of 9/26/20 is $4-billion. And thus the "Game Launcher" wars are just beginning and ultimately like the national mobile telephome carriers, there will be a major shake-up or one buying the other. Dog eats dog. The money made by these "Luncher Services" is simply enormous and in the end everybody wants to cash-in. Remember the 'Launchers' do not have to physically produce anything like hardware, bolts & nuts, etc. They are only providing a basic flat service like a janitorial company. Then to feed their profits even further many new game-devs are coming out every month and are virtually doubling. Then the numerous arrival of mediocre game developers (wanting to 'quickly 'cash-in' on the frenzy as well) are also permeating the landscape and leaving their games on sale lingering for months in beta or early release stages. Dirty deal: EPIC has risen quickly as well due to the agressive nature of their CEO who early on held "Metro Exodus" hostage and denying rivals and specifically STEAM players in purchasing the game. Unless of course we the trusted game players were wiling to operate multiple launchers and join EPIC. I am sorry to report that we have not seen the end of these launcher wars and all at the expense of the gamers. I will stick with STEAM as I will always be a "one launcher" type of guy like the simple man on the street that I am.

Last edited:
Back