Error: Blue screen of death (STOP: 0x40000080)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I am new in this forum and wish that I would take benefits of those who are expert in field of troubleshooting.
Actually, recently I started to suffer from the blue screen of death. While I am working on my PC ( HP Compaq 6910p-Windows XP SP3) suddenly it gives me the blue screen on death along with below error:
STOP: 0x40000080(0x8A4F2130,0x89D1ACD8,0x805512BC,0x0000003)
For me, the only way to fix this error by restarting the device.
It happened with me twice in three days. So, I am looking for your help to fix this deadly error.

jasu, we understand the frustration that occurs when a PC is giving issues. But please keep in mind that everyone who lends advice here are strictly volunteeers. We help when we can.

Here is your error and possible steps you can take:

0x00000080: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE
This general indication of a hardware failure is often quite difficult to pin down. Follow usual hardware troubleshooting protocols, in particular: Roll-back any recent hardware or driver changes; ensure that RAM sticks are matched and undamaged; check for viruses or hard drive damage; run ChkDsk to identify file system problems; ensure that all connections are sound inside the computer and all cards well-seated. In tough cases you may need to consult a professional shop for hardware diagnosis and repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back