Error message 0xc0000142

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali...

Hi guys! I really hope someone can help with this one!!

When I turn on my computer I get the following error message:

'The application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000142 Click ok to terminate'

I click ok and just get a permanent blank screen and I am unable to do anything else with it. Just shut down via the Task Manager and start all over again. It happens almost every time.

The problem started when the kids downloaded a Disney game from the internet a few weeks ago. Assuming this was the problem, I uninstalled it and deleted it from the desktop yet still I have this problem!!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ali xx

Remove one memory module and test with the other. Then switch. If you do not have two modules, borrow or buy.

This is a known error. Microsoft has this posted on their website. You can learn more by doing a goodle search for Error 0xc0000142

See:
This issue may occur if one or more of the following conditions are true:
* The local address table (LAT) file Msplat.txt is missing or corrupted.
* The following folder has been moved or removed:
\Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server\Clients
* Incorrect access permissions have been assigned to the following folder:
Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server\Clients
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:Verify that the Program Files\Microsof...
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

1. Verify that the Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server\Clients folder exists. ISA Server services requires this folder to run.
2. Verify that the following security groups have Full Control permissions assigned for the Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server\Clients folder:
Administrators
SYSTEM
3. Verify that the Msplat.txt file exists in the Clients folder. If this file is missing, copy it from another ISA Server computer.

Note After you copy this file from another ISA Server computer, view the LAT to make sure that it contains the correct IP address range.

If the Clients folder is missing or damaged, or if you cannot copy the missing Msplat.txt file from another installation of ISA Server, reinstall ISA Server 2000.

Actually a reinstall of Windows is the easiest and best way to fix it in the long run... unless you are a whiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back