Error: Setup can not find any hard drive installed in your computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been tryna fix my lappy for last 3 days in so many ways, but, I just can't get to install any OS in it. I am using new HP dv6700 wid 250 GB HD and 2 GB Ram. I had vista in it and then formatted it and tried to install XP on it. It keeps giving dis error: SETUP CAN NOT FIND ANY HARD DRIVE even though HD is fine and formatted with NTFS file system. Then if i try to install vista back, vista installation gives me another error: WINDOWS CAN NOT BE INSTALLED ON THE SELECTED LOCATION. I even tried to install win2000 or win98 (LOL) on it, nothing worked!!!!!! Some ppl said it needs SATA drivers during installation, I located and installed sata drivers from USB during vista installation, dint work.I am so freaking stressed about it. I even made one UBCD4win CD to load xp from cd and it shows everything is fine . even the HD is fine when i try HP diag. tool from setup. I am stuck in nowhere now. PLEASE HELP!!!!! :( :( :( :(

Try to put your HDD on another computer and make a full format but not a quick format. Then when finish put it back to you PC and retry the installation of you OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back