Ethernet Controller driver

anttg408

Recently my hard drive just stopped working and so I replaced it with an older one with windows 7 that I had in my older computer. When I switched to my older harddrive with windows 7 64 bit it booted up and all of my drivers installed except for my ethernet driver. I tried using my old driver disk but it did not work. It kept saying "The realtek Network Controller was not found. If deep sleep Mode is enabled. Please plug the cable." I figured that since those were drivers to my older computer it made sense that I just had to transfer them over using USB from a different computer. Under the newer MOBO that I have now.GA-78LMT-S2P. I did that but I still received the same message. I cannot connect to the internet and I have no idea how to get this driver downloaded so that I can use the Internet on my Computer. My ethernet cable is fine. No loose wires or torn. Please help me.

I've also tried to uninstall it through device manager and restart the comp but it still does not work. I've tried to unplug the power cord and remove my RAM for 10 minutes as well and that also didnt do the trick.

Sorry but I forgot to mention that real tek isn't on my computer besides the audio so I cannot go into its settings and turn off deep sleep mode.

What did you do here? Swapped HDD from the same type of systems or not. Drivers you can use another PC to get the drivers. How did you type this out above? Look up hte MOBO model if you can't get drivers then buy USB NIC stick that in or use PCI or PCI-E if you have the right slots. Always disable the NIC on the MOBO under the BIOS first.

Yes I swapped out HDDs I got my drivers in just not getting this certain one. I used a laptop to type this up. The newer one that messed up was under the same MOBO I'm trying to use now GA-78LMT-S2P. The older one was a BIOSTAR TA880GB+. I looked up the drivers on my laptop and used a USB to transfer them over to update my audio and chipset drivers with success. It is just the ethernet driver.not sure what was said in the end but I don't have any NIC option in bios.

So the NiC is card type. open the case the and see what you have. If it's not a case then on the MOBO there should be chip maker name Realtek, VIA, Ralink, Intel an etc. To much of headache to figure out what driver is needed. You can alway get a USB with 5dBi sma ant for cheap today. Well that's up to you if it's a desktop if you want to do WiFi. LAN Gigabit are cheap too. Save some time or otherwise good hunting for the right drivers.

So what do these things specifically do? And if I do hunt drivers they will be different versions of real tek drivers right?

So this substitutes for the missing driver right? Gives me internet and won't affect my router ability to get wifi. Is there a cheap one that is good you would recommend?

If you see only 2x PCI slots those are 32-bit. Best buy Gigabit those are cheap today. PCI-e looks like this.

pc_slots.gif

26848-board_html_49d0f1eb.jpg

Are you in the USA? The cost of these PCI-e runs about..
TP-LINK TG-3468 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit PCI Express Network Adapter $13 bucks online.

The one with Intel NPU in there cost double the price from
StarTech PCI-Express Gigabit Network Server Adapter with REV E Intel 6 Chip NIC Card $27

I use the Star Tech pretty quick one and stable when one of my Quad system onboard NIC gone duff (bad).

TP-LINK they use either (Ralink, Marvel or Realtek) NPU they're okay also but not like the Intel version.

Do the following will let me see what Windows sees for your PCI hardware and NIC card. It may provide for a driver solution.
List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next TechSpot post
/* EDIT */
You need to transfer all the information over by USB to your working computer so you can post the results. I need to see EVERYTHING exactly as it appears in both those reports

Ethernet Controller PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_1091&SUBSYS_E0001458&REV_10\4&22F06558&0030 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Here it is

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    33.8 KB · Views: 4
Your mobo uses Realtek audio BUT your NIC is an Atheros Gigabit controller. (So no surprise if you were installing a Realtek LAN driver that kept saying no Realtek LAN controller found ;) )

Go to the Gigabyte support site, look up your mobo and download the ATHEROS lan driver for the board

No worries. We all started from somewhere and moved on by learning from one another's experience, asking questions and getting help.

We're all glad to help.
Smile and Wave.jpg

Back