Event ID 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy2k8

According to the Windows Event Log, I got 2 ID 6 errors in the past 24 hours.

Some processing performance features have been disabled due to a known firmware problem.
This has happened 104 times since June.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

One way this error has been resolved is to update the chipset drivers for your motherboard.

Please copy ONE of the Errors: (make sure the Source and Description are exactly the same.)
Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> click on each, System and Applications, one at a time to open each log> right click on the Error> Properties> click on the Copy icon, top right, below the down arrow> Paste here (Ctrl V)

The format will be this:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: your source
Event Category: None
Event ID: 6
Date: 12/29/2004
Time: 10:57:43 AM
User: N/A
Computer: xxxxx
Description:
Full description.

We need all of this and an idea of why you were looking in the Event Viewer. What problems were you having? An Error can have several different causes, which is why we need the Source and full description.

Since June

Since June, I've had intermittent BSOD's, and they all point tio a memory problem, but this ID 6 could be the reason for it

Can you attach the BSODs? Since you suspect it might be memory have you ever run Memtest to be sure?

I have run TuffTest, Memtest and the Windows Diagnostic Memory Test, all come up clean
BSOD'a attached (well, some)

3 of your 5 minidumps state your crashes are due to memory corruption. How many passes did you run memtest for?

The minimum for Memtest is 7 passes. Most often people begin it before they go to bed and check it the next morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back