Every Fast & Furious movie will be screened in theaters for free ahead of F9 premiere

Shawn Knight

Staff member
The big picture: Universal also put out a new promo featuring Vin Diesel that’s all about hyping people up for the reopening of theaters. After a tumultuous year with the pandemic, folks are no doubt looking for a return to normalcy and for many, that could involve taking in a movie on the silver screen.

Universal Pictures and its theater partners are going all in on the promotion of the next Fast & Furious movie.

In the lead up to F9, each and every film in the Fast & Furious franchise will be screened nationwide absolutely free of charge. The “Fast Fridays” promotion starts later this week and runs through mid-June as follows:

• April 30 – The Fast and the Furious
  • May 7 – 2 Fast 2 Furious
  • May 14 – The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
  • May 21 – Fast & Furious
  • May 28 – Fast Five
  • June 4 – Fast & Furious 6
  • June 11 – Furious 7
  • June 18 – The Fate of the Furious

The action culminates on June 25 with the premiere of F9, the latest flick in the storied franchise.

Universal said the screening series will start in more than 500 theaters across the US and ultimately expand to include more than 900 theaters. Major chains including AMC Theatres, Cinemark and Regal will participate in the promotion. Universal encourages interested parties to check with individual theaters for screening tickets.

Permalink to story.

How can you be fed up?
There are cars and girls and they even throw in stupid stunts and a crappy story,evrything in one.
I know right? Unrealistic stunts that defy all laws of physics... entertaining to many as the franchise will generate over $6B after this 10th film.

Not a bad promo to hype the movie.
And a good way for trying to get people back into the movie theaters.

Good thing the pandemic is over... oh wait... it isn't.... I think cramming in a few hundred people in an enclosed space for a couple of hours is a GREAT idea!
If this really takes off and brings the masses into theaters there might be another forced shutdown by the time June rolls around and the movie will have to get pushed back again, or hopefully straight to digital release where it will quickly become available by other means.

First 2 were ok...but with 99.9% of the part 4,5,6 movies, they just change the story line a little,
but it is the same stuff over and over again.

I've seen all 8 previous movies already. I'll watch this one too. I never really cared about story. I think it stopped really making sense after the 5th one. I want to see cars with 5000hp zooming around, explosions, fighting, and nonstop action. Spectacle sells

What social issue will we have a privilege to discover this time?
Will it feature peaceful protesters and their noble cause?
Cant wait, to not watch.

Back