Every time I connect to the net I get more viruses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kinda nervous about this, but I'm desperate at this point, so here goes.

I got this computer used, so it already had a bunch of stuff on it I don't know about, so if you see anything questionable, let me know, cause I don''t what a lot of things are. I think I got rid of all the filesharing things, I don't use them so I dunno.

So yeah, About 2-3 weeks ago I got a trojan, AVG caught it, I ran mbam and avg and didn't find anything else and that was that. Then, the next day, I had like 5. So I started deleting everything that seemed questionable and/or I didn't use. And they stopped, til bout a 2-3 days ago, when they came back worse than before. I can't update SAS or mbam so I dunno if they're finding everything (they're finding a lot though)

It's to the point that the second I enable my connection, new stuff starts popping up. I've followed the 8 steps to the best of my ability, and I have HJT logs before and after I connect if it helps.

View attachment 50977
View attachment 50978
View attachment 50979
View attachment 50980

I hope I did this right. Ahh it just tried to uninstalll AVG time to rescan and stay offline for a few hours :blackeye:

OH, one other thing of note, when I analyze with CCcleaner after cleaning, it finds a 4mb file in IE temp files or something like that, but doesn't get rid of it. I don't even use IE! So, maybe that might help I dunno.

You are pointed in the right direction. I would replace the AVG with Avira free version or Avast free version, and perhaps add Window Defender and update it... then you will have quite a team of useful products for removals and protections.
Then run them all in real mode and SAFE MODE... this will take quite a while, but it will begin to fix problems... then if infestations are many, you might want to consider the 8 steps programs found elsewhere on TechSpot.

(Posting from another computer, as mine has troubles)

I've done that, quite a few times. And it clears everything out, until I reenable my internet connection and they all flood back in.

The latest one I just got won't let me open any programs, even task manager. I ran scans in safe mode (it doesn't stop me there!) and got some stuff out and haven't started it up since then, so I dunno if I got it.

I've been planning to switch antivirus since I started reading around, but I certainly can't now, the second I connect I get flooded.

I did the 8 steps... unless there's a different 8 steps in another section of the forum?

Of course you can.
You download Avira or Avast, superAntiSpyware, MalwareByres, and Windows Defender... perhaps SpySweeper free... all to a flash drive or burn to a disk on the computer you are now using... then migrate them to yours. Install, then run.
If you ran the 8-steps, I do not recall seeing the logs.
Whatever you are doing, you are running them incorrectly... as these do work...
Send your logs. Share the wealth. If you are going to ask for help, you might consider using the help you get.

Alright, I could try to do that, but I wouldn't be able to update them, cause whatever I got blocks MBAM and SAS from updating. Is there like an update file I could run offline?

Uhm, my logs are right there in my first post. Did I not attach them correctly? I clicked the little paperclip thing and attached them, and they're linked right there in the post, aren't they?

Is there some other way I'm supposed to attach the logs? Sorry, I'm not much of a forumgoer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back