Every time I start Windows I am prompted with...

Andrek

Hey guys,

Every time I start up my laptop I log in but when it's loading my desktop it always ask for these prompts;

C:/Windows/System32/igfxtray.exe
C:/Windows/System32/hkcmd.exe
C:/Windows/System32/igfxper.exe

All of this prompts are set up like RUN or CANCEL
( below these is another tick optional box saying 'Tick if you want this message showing every time.' - this is not the specific sentence of it but you get the drift..)

This has been happening ever since I got a new HDD on my laptop, every time I unselect the ticking box for each of these but it still doesn't go away! It's not affecting my laptop to my knowledge but it's get rather irritating when I come to these prompts when I start it help.

Help and Advice much appreciated!
Andre

Andrek,
The program igfxtray is: Process name: Intel(R) Graphics Accelerator Helper.
This is related to your video card no doubt. What version of Widows and video card?
See if there are new Intel video drivers for your notebook at the vendors site and apply them. If you already have the latest then reapply. don't install anything extra, just the drivers. You might also look in Control Panel to see if there is anything that can be removed in Add/Remove or Program Uninstall.

Both igfx items are related to your video (as stated above). The hkcmd.exe is responsible for the Hot Key CoMmanDs in Windows. Can you take a screen shot of the windows that is prompting you about these?

Back