Everyone can connect to WiFi except my laptop and phone

Hello everyone, I’m not the one having this issue but my girlfriend. We talk everyday and this issue she has won’t let us, so I would really appreciate your help.

Every time she tries to connect to WiFi it doesn’t let her, she writes the password and then it says “connecting” and then just doesn’t connect at all. It doesn’t tell her the password wasn’t correct or anything, just doesn’t connect to the network. The other people with which she lives use the WiFi no problem.

Sadly, I don’t have many specifications. I can tell you that her laptop is a touchscreen Dell, she has a Samsung phone, her router is from a brand called Arris and 2 days ago she used netcut for disconnecting some devices, don’t think that has anything to do with the issue but hope it’s relevant. I will try to give more specifications if anyone needs them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey Matuleo,
There are two answers for this,
Method 1:
Uninstall your organization connector
1) Press Windows Key + X and pick Device Manager from the rundown.
2) When Device Manager begins, find your organization connector and right snap it.
3) Choose Uninstall. Whenever asked, check "Erase the driver programming for this gadget" and snap OK
4) Click up the top and "Quest for Plug and Play/New Hardware" and it will reinstall the Drivers.
Ought to ideally fix the issue

Method 2:
Recharge your IP address
1) Open windows order brief Start\ Run\cmd\ok
2) To deliver your Ip address ipconfig/discharge
Enter
3) To recharge your IP address ipconfig/restore
Enter click on Exit.
Ideally these arrangements will fix your issues

Regards,
Mika Hawkins

Will definitely try these out tomorrow, I will keep you posted in the results and will reply if anything new arrives.

Your help is invaluable, thanks a lot, you’re really helping us through this struggle.

If you Google Netcut you will see how that easily could be the problem. Did the problem start after she used that software? It is also possible in her quest to remove people from her WIFI (why else would she be using netcut?) that she turned on MAC (media access control) filtering and that means the router won't let anyone join unless the computer/phone MAC address for the particular network card has been entered. This is really not good security because MAC address spoofing is trivial. I suggest she log into the router and check to see if MAC address filtering is on---if it is, turn it off and try to have her join again.

Another idea is to have her remove the password as a test or even dumb down the security of the WIFI network as a test. Use basic encryption like WEP or WPA rather than WPA2. Just as a test to see if she can join when you make changes. I do suggest you put it back to WPA2 and have a decent pass phrase, don't leave it on something like WEP (It's easily cracked).

I have also seen the problem on my wife's phone when we were travelling...certain airports and certain Air B&B places we stayed, she could not join with her Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and I could with my Iphone 6 no problemo.

Hey Matuleo,
There are two answers for this,
Method 1:
Uninstall your organization connector
1) Press Windows Key + X and pick Device Manager from the rundown.
2) When Device Manager begins, find your organization connector and right snap it.
3) Choose Uninstall. Whenever asked, check "Erase the driver programming for this gadget" and snap OK
4) Click up the top and "Quest for Plug and Play/New Hardware" and it will reinstall the Drivers.
Ought to ideally fix the issue

Method 2:
Recharge your IP address
1) Open windows order brief Start\ Run\cmd\ok
2) To deliver your Ip address ipconfig/discharge
Enter
3) To recharge your IP address ipconfig/restore
Enter click on Exit.
Ideally these arrangements will fix your issues

Regards,
Mika Hawkins
Hello there again Mika

we tried your second method, sadly it didn’t work, and in the first method we got stuck in the part of finding our organization connector. As you can see we are not the most tech savvy so we would really appreciate if you expanded on what we are supposed to be looking for.

Cheers, appreciate your help

If you Google Netcut you will see how that easily could be the problem. Did the problem start after she used that software? It is also possible in her quest to remove people from her WIFI (why else would she be using netcut?) that she turned on MAC (media access control) filtering and that means the router won't let anyone join unless the computer/phone MAC address for the particular network card has been entered. This is really not good security because MAC address spoofing is trivial. I suggest she log into the router and check to see if MAC address filtering is on---if it is, turn it off and try to have her join again.

Another idea is to have her remove the password as a test or even dumb down the security of the WIFI network as a test. Use basic encryption like WEP or WPA rather than WPA2. Just as a test to see if she can join when you make changes. I do suggest you put it back to WPA2 and have a decent pass phrase, don't leave it on something like WEP (It's easily cracked).

I have also seen the problem on my wife's phone when we were travelling...certain airports and certain Air B&B places we stayed, she could not join with her Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and I could with my Iphone 6 no problemo.
Hello there

Thanks for your help and really appreciate what you are telling us here.

Yes, the problem started pretty much hours after she utilized NetCut to disconnect some devices temporarily. We are at this exact moment trying to access the router internet page, but having some struggle with the username and password (the default “admin” in both doesn’t work) and we are trying to turn the router into factory settings so we can see if the problem is related with MAC. I must add that the router is a little old and I’m pretty sure the security used is WPA.

Thanks for your help, you really are giving us a hand here.

Hello there

Thanks for your help and really appreciate what you are telling us here.

Yes, the problem started pretty much hours after she utilized NetCut to disconnect some devices temporarily. We are at this exact moment trying to access the router internet page, but having some struggle with the username and password (the default “admin” in both doesn’t work) and we are trying to turn the router into factory settings so we can see if the problem is related with MAC. I must add that the router is a little old and I’m pretty sure the security used is WPA.

Thanks for your help, you really are giving us a hand here.

Happy to help. Well if Admin Admin, Admin password, Admin root, Admin Blank (no password) doesn't work I would try the WIFI password that everyone has been using. If you do succeed in doing a factory reset you can always Google the search term default login password for Arris modelnumberhere

If this router is a router supplied by your ISP they may have a different kind of login that is required. Here in Canada or cable company requires cusadmin as a user login and the password is the WIFI password.

Back