Explainer: What Is Arduino?

I got myself a "ttgo watch 2020" that's a programable Arduino in a watch case with touch screen, accelerometer etc etc and cost £20 ($25). I have mine programmed to communicate via bluetooth with my electric unicycle. It works well showing speed and battery percentage plus it gives vibration alarms if I exceed any limits. Battery life on the watch wasn't too bad either. For the money, I was quite impressed.

I sat through computer programming with Arduino and Bo Bots.

I didn’t have the patience for it. I’m good at building a machine but not programming it.

I know it sounds like a ridiculous form of transport but it costs about 30 cents to fully charge, has a range of 60 miles and will do 40 mph if pushed though I rarely go above 25. I have a couple of cars and 4 motorbikes but this thing is more fun than all of them plus, when I arrive, I just walk it into the place as if it's luggage. The Arduino watch shows all the real time information I'd ever need and the little 350mwh battery lasts all day.

I know it sounds like a ridiculous form of transport but it costs about 30 cents to fully charge, has a range of 60 miles and will do 40 mph if pushed though I rarely go above 25. I have a couple of cars and 4 motorbikes but this thing is more fun than all of them plus, when I arrive, I just walk it into the place as if it's luggage. The Arduino watch shows all the real time information I'd ever need and the little 350mwh battery lasts all day.
Pics?

You have to be a born hacker to use an Arduino. for multiple projects

Most folks are looking for a prebuilt tweakable computer (like the Pi or Pinebook), or they have a single micocontroller duty in-mind for the Arduino (set it and forget it).

I see so many people using Arduino that are into solar power, voltage regulators, mosfets, pic microcontrollers that I'm going to get me one no matter how late to the game. Arduino is more popular for techie's then I see for pi.

I see so many people using Arduino that are into solar power, voltage regulators, mosfets, pic microcontrollers that I'm going to get me one no matter how late to the game. Arduino is more popular for techie's then I see for pi.
I think Arduino is easier to incorporate into robotics and mechanical devices where as Pi is more of a mini computer and you have to do additional adapters and stuff.

I think Arduino is easier to incorporate into robotics and mechanical devices where as Pi is more of a mini computer and you have to do additional adapters and stuff.
The Arduino uses only a quarter-watt or so; it can be run off batteries. Some of the Pi boards use 20 times that much, even without a HAT or other add-on.

Back