Explorer error

richardstassen

Hi there,

After perfect support to get rid of my trojan horse infection a new problem occurs.

Every 5 minutes I get a message that explorer.exe( not IE but WindowsExplorer) has encountered a problem and needs to close. When I click oke, it nicely restarts but the message returns after 5 minutes. When i ignore the message, the explorer keeps on functioning.

What can I do?

PS this problem is only on my account, my girlsfriends account has not such problem....

I am a bit confused,

if you look me up in the suggested forum, their advice is to post it over here

Subject: trojan.gen.2 infection
username: richard stassen

At this point....

In this forum, we make sure, your computer is free of malware and your computer is clean :)
Because the access to malware forum is very limited, your best option is to create new topic about your current issue, at Windows section.
You'll get more attention.

Good luck!

Okay, you didn't tell me that you had already been in that forum and had been certified "clean"... It looks like there has been some damage left from that virus infection. At this point only a clean install of Windows will be needed

You have 2 user accounts on this desktop or laptop? Are they both administrator accounts? You could move any documents or install files to the other account temporarily. Any applications would have to be re-installed. Then you could delete your account and recreate it fresh...

"my girlfriends account has no such problem"...

This tells me that those documents and applications of yours may be damaged anyway. Please take note that I have never done this myself. If it was my problem I would wipe the hard drive and start over

Back