Extremely Low Wireless Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazerix

Sorry to bring this up again (i had another thread on this) but I recently moved my DIR-628 downstairs, the signal is extremely low. This router supports 5ghz but i set it to 2.4 ghz because some devices won't pick up the 5ghz signal.

The DIR-628 is connected to my modem(from my ISP). Can I connect my other router DIR-625 to my DIR-628 and use one as an access point and the other as the main router?

I would put back where you had it. The issue you are having now could be anything that's interfering with the wireless.

if what u are saying is that u want to use ur DIR-625 as an access point upstair and keep the other one downstairs, then it should be pretty much possible..just disable the the DHCP on the one which u DONT want as main router, and rather than connecting the wire to its WAN port,put it into any of the other 4 ports

I would put back where you had it. The issue you are having now could be anything that's interfering with the wireless.

Actually putting it back where I had it before is not possible. What are some ways I can boost my wireless signal?

What settings would I have to disable, change if i wanted to use my other router as an access point?

using an ethernet cable connect the two routers using the LAN ports, NOT THE WAN PORTS....then go into the config of the router u only want to use as an AP and disable its DHCP.....

Rule of thumb is to place the router and modem nearest the entry points where the main cable box outside is closer too. You can have the main DHCP router were ever you want but the WAN to the WAN of the modem shouldn't be to long. Anyway If you pick up another DIR-628 or the modem you have already then use that as AP using wired connection though. So you would need to run a wire to the that AP or use those power ethernet boxes that use the household electric. WDS is another way that's 100% wireless but throughput is lower.

So would this be right, I place my main router downstairs (DIR 628) connected to the modem. Then I place my second router(DIR-625) upstairs and run a wire downstairs and connect it to a LAN port in my main router right? What settings would I have to turn off in my DIR-625?

So would this be right, I place my main router downstairs (DIR 628) connected to the modem. Then I place my second router(DIR-625) upstairs and run a wire downstairs and connect it to a LAN port in my main router right? What settings would I have to turn off in my DIR-625?

Port 4 out of that goes to Port 1 of the Router being used AP.
Disable DHCP, NAT, SPI. Since will be use AP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back