Factory restore on a Dell laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlbertLionheart

I have a Dell laptop in the wksps which needs a factory restore. I see there are several partitions on the drive and quess there might be some recovery software on one of them - problem is, how do I get it to run?
If needs be I will clear the lot and reinstall Windows myself, but if there is a factory restore image on there it would save time with the drivers and so on if I can run it.
The original CDs that came with the machine are missing - the system still runs so is it possible to create a recovery CD?
Any ideas anyone?

just install a fresh copy of windows xp and then u can find all the drivers u need on the web...and those that u woant find i might have...i have some dells here at home to...

Thanks DjKraid - I was told on another forum how to access the restore function on Dell machines since 2004 - Ctrl button + F11 - there was a ghost on one of the partitions.
thanks for your help

Hi Kimsland - thanks for that! I don't get many Dells in here which is why I had to ask for help!
All sorted now and the machine has gone back. Discovered the BSoDs were caused by the IPoD software,,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back