Failed to connect to a Windows service

Hi everyone. Well my laptop a Sony Vaio Window Vista is having some problem about Failing to connect to a windows service.

So last night i decided to restart my laptop which i usually don't because i would most of the time have it on hibernate or on, and when it gets past the welcome screen which then it should show my desktop, it doesn't. It is just a black screen but i can see my mouse and everything. So i turn it off and then turn it back on and i still have the same problem, therefore i try turning it on and off a few more times but it still doesn't work. So i decided to try to leave it on black screen there and see if something would show up after a while, and something does. The desktop shows up but there is the icon that pops up in the tool bar and it said,
"Failed to connect to ta windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond"

I get that and i am not so sure what to do so i look up that problem on google and they give me a few things to do. I try one of them and it doesn't lead me anywhere because there was another problem that occurred so i gave up on that and now i don't know how to solve this problem that i am having.

If you would like to know anymore info about my laptop feel free to ask.
Please help. Thank you

Regards,
Shamu

I have just read some of the other forms on this website and tried some of them too and they have not done anything. Probably because i am not sure on how to "login under a local adminstrator account" what ever that is but i am not sure what i am suppose to do.

Back