Failure installing new Motherboard Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

14G-])utch^

Last night I downloaded new Nvidia motherboard drivers for my EVGA 780SLI motherboard. The driver was from Nvidias site.

The Driver file was an EXE. So it installs for you. During the installation the Exe. told me that it needed to uninstall the old drivers, then it would need to reboot the system and it would finish the new driver installation upon reboot.

The problem is, when I get to the windows login screen I cannot select a login..... administator, or me. The mouse cursor is unresponsive, and I cannot tab to make a selection either. I don't think the system is truely locked up, because after a couple minutes it does go into the basic screensaver. By the way, I normally never need to select a login, it normally just goes right to the desktop.

I suspect that maybe my firewall or anti spyware may have something to do with it. I am using Comodo firewall and Super Anti-spayware. I am not sure if they are part of the problem or not, but I am guessing that they may be trying to prevent changes to my drivers?

To make things worse I am not able to get any difference by going into safe mode. I have tried regular safe mode, safe mode with command prompt and safemode with networking. Same result with all three.

Any Ideas on what to do?

Jon

go in to the BIOS and set/check if the usb mouse / keybord support ON

if that dosn't help reset the BIOS and then try to config it ur self

Well, not sure what exactly the problem was. I was unable to get any version of safemode to start, which was strange. I ended up slipstreaming a repair of xp and service pack 3. The keyboard and mouse worked perfectly fine during the process. All is well now.

Jon

Lol, it is an online gaming nickname. 14G is a clan, And my nickname is Dutch, short for The Flying Dutchman, who is a character on Spongebob Square pants.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back