Fake 128GB USB memory stick is really only 2GB - can it be altered?

hi,

i bought a USB memory Stick from overseas, and it was supposed to be 128gb,

when i tested it with 'H2test' the realy stoarge of the USB is only 2GB.

Am i able to hide/delete/alter the portion of the memory stick that is faulty and useless.

thus changing the propoerties of the memory stick

thanks

Change it to what? You can't make 2 gigs hold 128 gigs.

If you bought with Paypal or a credit card you may be able to dispute the purchase....

you got to love the creativity of the chinese.

i was hoping to hide the crappy bit on the memory stick that doesn't work?
and use it as a 2gb usb memory stick

I'm not sure why you think there is more than the 2Gb that's there. It's probably just a 2Gb stick that they said was 128Gb. It's not that part of it doesn't work, it's that there is only 2Gb to begin with.

To be honest, I wouldn't even trust the 2Gb part to save any important data. If it were mine, I guess I would probably not use it but that's just me.

:/ Man, that'd be quite the magic trick.

Indeed. Thats what I thought at first, maybe?

I thought he was asking at first to get the advertised space, but then I figured if he posted he was pretty sure he got scammed. Then as I read subsequent posts I decided he just wanted to make the drive show as 2Gb. Now, I'm not very good with computers.. but somebody made that 2Gb drive show as 128Gb, so I think he is just asking if he can make it show to have a 2Gb capacity like it really is. That probably isn't such a magic trick, I mean, somebody did it once to get him into this situation.

Back