Posts: 1,922 +1,998
Coalitions to accomplish things, you mean? Trump Administration accomplishments:Trump didn't know how to build coalitions in Washington.
- Passed the largest tax reform plan in decades.
- Passed criminal justice reform, something Obama said he wanted to do, but couldn't get done.
- Renegotiated NAFTA, something Obama said he wanted to do, but couldn't get done.
- Crushed ISIS: From 40,000 sq. miles of controlled territory down to zero -- something Obama said couldn't be done.
- Convinced hostile nations to release a dozen US citizens held hostage, something Obama tried and failed to do.
- Instituted a Middle East Peace plan that resulted in three of Israel's neighbors recognizing its existence, something Obama and past presidents had tried and failed to do since the 1960s.
- Moved the US embassy to Jerusalem, something Obama promised to do (and was legally obligated to do) but didn't.
- Imposed tariffs on foreign steel imports: one of Obama's campaign promises that he failed to deliver on.
- Massively increased the defense budget to rebuild the military, and created an entirely branch of the Armed Forces.
- Forced many NATO members to begin living up to their treaty obligations by funding their own defense.
- Got Congressional confirmation for far more federal judgeships in four years than Obama did in eight.
- Revamped the VA and their scandalous treatment of vet's medical problems.
- Turned the US from a net energy importer to a net energy exporter, and the world's largest producer of petroleum products.
- Convinced North Korea to halt nuclear testing (it exploded four nukes under Obama) and to halt all ICBM launches (last one was in 2017).
- Lowered the trade deficit with China in 2018-2019, and again in 2020 (it increased every year under Obama).
The list continues for several pages. Of Obama/Biden's major campaign promises, the only one they even attempted to fill was the "Affordable" Care Act, a bill which even its worst detractors admit exploded health care costs -- the exact accomplishment of its stated goal.