Feel The Force with this Star Wars-themed LG C2 OLED TV

midian182

Staff member
In brief: LG's follow-up to our favorite television that doubles as a (big) PC monitor, the LG C1, already looks like a worthy successor. But if you're interested in buying an LG C2 and really want to let your geek flag fly, take a look at this Star Wars-themed 65-inch OLED.

Grabbing the set won't be as easy as shooting womp rats in Beggar's Canyon. There are only 501 being made, an homage to the 501st Legion, the elite stormtrooper legion nicknamed Vader's Fist.

A few elements give this LG C2 its Star Wars credentials. There's the excellent packaging, which is one box you definitely don't want to throw away; the distinctive sound of Vader breathing when the set is powered on; the Galactic Empire insignia engraved on the back; and the Star Wars logo on the Magic Remote, which has a lightsaber-style design complete with red accent lighting. Even the on-screen cursor it controls looks like a Jedi's traditional weapon.

But that's not all. The Star Wars theme extends to the TV's Gallery Mode. Designed to show off pieces of art or your photographs, the feature will show two collections of Star Wars imagery, including conceptual designs, storyboards, illustrations, digitized movie posters, pivotal scenes from the movies, and artwork.

The standard 65-inch LG C2 offers a slew of top specs: a 4K OLED Evo panel, G-Sync, GeForce Now support, Dolby Vision and HDR10, plenty of HDMI 2.1 ports, and more. The 65-inch model sells for $2,299, so you can expect the numbered, limited-edition Star Wars version to cost a lot more when it arrives in the US. No word yet on when that might be.

If you happen to be in Anaheim, California, between now and May 29, you can see the TV at the Star Wars Celebration convention.

Check out our review of the LG C1 here.

Permalink to story.

Ok...So essentially, if we go back to features that they've been on Windows desktop for 24 years or so which are basically themes for sound, background, menus and wallpapers, now you can spend a couple days putting them on the TV OS (Which is likely Linux, which also has been able to do all this for even longer than 24 years in fact) you can sell it to consumerist Americans with more money than sense?

Just watch some other franchises guys I promise you that money will be better spend starting a brand new obsession than chasing down this nonsense.

Did Disney ruin this monitor as badly as they did the starwars franchise?
I'm sure LG did that all on their own and paid a hefty licensing fee to Disney in the process.

IMO, there are still some good entries out their in the Star Wars world.

You know how I can tell the pandemic is over? because pointless trendy limited-run devices like this are suddenly making a comeback?

Now we just need to get shipping back up (maybe 12 months), and then these elevated prices for goods will start to fall again.

I'm sure LG did that all on their own and paid a hefty licensing fee to Disney in the process.

IMO, there are still some good entries out their in the Star Wars world.
I will be fair, there are some very good star wars movies/series made by Disney, but they screwed up the main series pretty badly. I like episode 7, but 8 and 9 were trash. Rogue one was fantastic and it surprised me that Disney would make a movie so dark. Just think of the Vader scene at the end.....

I will be fair, there are some very good star wars movies/series made by Disney, but they screwed up the main series pretty badly. I like episode 7, but 8 and 9 were trash. Rogue one was fantastic and it surprised me that Disney would make a movie so dark. Just think of the Vader scene at the end.....
Amen. Rogue One was the bomb. Why didn't we get more movies like that?

Well, personally, I thought 7 was literally a rehash of 4, and as such, I did not like it. I liked 8 and 9 (mostly because I tend to like things "mystical"), and I agree Rogue One was excellent.

I also like the animated series The Clone Wars and the Clone Wars movie (the Clone Wars series adds a lot of excellent back-story and depth, IMO, to the movies 1 - 6), and I like the animated series Rebels - in fact, I am looking forward to the live-action Rebels sequel. IMO, Asoka Tano is one of the best characters in Star Wars (especially as portrayed in The Clone Wars and Rebels). But that's me, obviously.

Amen. Rogue One was the bomb. Why didn't we get more movies like that?
IMO, JJ Abrams. He was not in charge of Rogue One. IMO, he's a darling of Hollywood and Hollywood thinks he can do no wrong. IMO, he ruins just about everything he touches - take one of my pet peeve films "Star Trek: Into Darkness" for instance. IMO, Disney has put too much faith in him and his work.

Well, personally, I thought 7 was literally a rehash of 4, and as such, I did not like it. I liked 8 and 9 (mostly because I tend to like things "mystical"), and I agree Rogue One was excellent.

I also like the animated series The Clone Wars and the Clone Wars movie (the Clone Wars series adds a lot of excellent back-story and depth, IMO, to the movies 1 - 6), and I like the animated series Rebels - in fact, I am looking forward to the live-action Rebels sequel. IMO, Asoka Tano is one of the best characters in Star Wars (especially as portrayed in The Clone Wars and Rebels). But that's me, obviously.
2, 5 and 6 were my favorite out of the original series, but rogue one still gives me chills everytime I watch it

2, 5 and 6 were my favorite out of the original series, but rogue one still gives me chills everytime I watch it
Two, as in Attack of the Clones? Interesting. I think Revenge of the Sith is most commonly held to be the best prequel, and I'm inclined to agree. I think 2 might be my least favorite prequel, actually, mostly because of the Anakin and Padme stuff. Also, I'd rate A New Hope above Return of the Jedi. Can't argue with Empire Strikes Back, though. That movie is top-tier Star Wars.

I like the movie and the series okay. The CGI art style is cool as hell. They got that down good. Some episodes we're better than others but that's life for you.

"7 is a rehash of 4" - I'm no Star Wars junkie but let me see if I can get the comparison down just from taking a shot at it. 7 is .... the first JJ Abrahams release called .... thinking... I don't know...I haven't watched any of the latest 3 movies. 4 is the very first original "Star Wars" movies?

"There are only 501 being made, an homage to the 501st Legion, the elite stormtrooper legion nicknamed Vader's Fist."

Does anyone else think that it's grossly inappropriate to be celebrating George Lucas' version of the Waffen SS?

I find this glorification of evil to be most disturbing. :mad:

Back