Few Computer Problems (audio/other hardware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgallz

I have been having these problems with my computer for quite some time now and I have no idea what could have been the cause.

Problem #1

When I have my music playing and I open another program, the sound like lags up real bad when its opening the program (like it is loading so much the audio cuts off at parts).

This happens like with any program really, from firefox to dreamweaver. Some programs don't do it, like ventrilo.

Problem #2

When my computer is running for a little while with some programs open (probably over an hour or two) it starts to freeze up momentarily. The freezes get longer and closer together until finally it either shows the blue screen of death or just stays frozen to where I have to turn it off manually.

*** Sometimes when I start the computer it can't locate my CD drive, or my internal hard drive, or sometimes other components (like my external HDD).

Please help me fix these, thanks very much!!!

I have performed all the steps of the first thread and have done the 2nd thread's instructions.

I am not quite sure if the problems are solved, but I went into my minidump folder and it was empty. Not sure what that means.

Thanks very much!

I have run all the test and looked in minidumps folder but its empty. Not sure what to do now, still having these problems. Haven't had a blue screen in a long time now - probably since I posted this, but still the audio lagging, etc.

What operating system are you running/system specs?? If its XP or higher open the run command type msconfig then the startup tab and uncheck everything hit OK and restart the computer.. (This stops those programs from running when the system starts and can be enabled again at any time).. See if the problem continues.. If not then you probably had to many programs running in the background..

I am running Windows XP SP3. I tried turning off all programs on start up and it doesn't help. It seems like things just perform slow in general.

I am running Windows XP SP3. I tried turning off all programs on start up and it doesn't help. It seems like things just perform slow in general.

What are your system specs?? Video card, sound card, amount of memory and such..

Motherboard: nVidia nForce 680i
Video Card: BFG GeForce 9800 GTX
Power Supply: OCZ 700W
Memory: 4GB DDR2

Its onboard sound card.

None of the capacitors seem to be faulty or have stuff coming out of them.

Thanks!

I have read about a lot of people having problems with that board and sound problems (among other things) usually its mentioned with creative sound cards.. When the sound starts to lag do you notice any drop in system resources (viewed through windows task manager) (high cpu or memory usuage)??

I never looked at the system resources during these moments. I can't move my mouse or do anything during the lag times anyway, the screen freezes and so does everything else.

It's not just sound problems, the computer generally runs SLOW. My parents old computer downstairs that is running single core 3.0GHz 1GB memory is running faster than my duo core 2.33GHz 4GB memory. Opening/closing programs, etc.

Thanks for any help!

Anyone else have any ideas for these problems? So far it looks like a motherboard issue?

I was a little worried when I put the PC hardware together at first but I guess that wouldn't be causing these problems. Thanks!

I am still facing these problems. Is this looking like a motherboard issue?

Memory, graphics card, are brand new.

The CPU is also very new, it came with the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back