Finally: Xbox 360 or PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinit90

I plan to buy a gaming console in the current or next month and am confused.

i read many heated contests about xbox 360 vs ps3 in man forums and that made me completly confused and resulted in this post.

i know many people out there would be distressed by seeing the similar xbox vs ps3 post but i fell that over the past year many things have changed(price cuts ps3 60gb stopped,etc.) and i would like you to post your decision as to overall which is better the XBOX 260 or Playstation 3.

(P.S :- i live in india and as such the recent price cuts of ps3 will not be implemented here).

- Abhinit

It depends on YOU. If you like the games the PS3 has/will have, then I'd go with the PS3. In my opinion, MGS4 is enough to get the PS3, while I still like Gears of War, etc.

Then you have to look at your budget. Are you somewhat rich? somewhat Poor? Inbetween? If your like me and kinda poor then you'd want to go with what you can afford. If you plan on playing online, you can't forget that Microsoft charges, while the PS3 doesn't.

Yeah... I don't know, the PS3 costs more and although it has free internet, Xbox live is only 50$ a year and is infinity better. The game selection for the 360 is also much greater then that of the PS3. It is your personal preference though. If you like shooters, like Halo and basically every other shooter you can think of, then the 360 is for you. PS3 isn't all that bad but due to the blue ray disks load times can be ridiculous as well. The console is only as good as the games for it. My view seems a bit biased but I can't think of much that would make me want the PS3 over the 360 other then Metal Gear Solid.

Well, I also don't like the 360 controllers design. The PS controllers are much more friendly in my opinion. Then you have Gran Turismo 5, which is another game that I'd get it for.

Even with the Elite, I don't see the 360 as being reliable at all. 33% failure rate compaired to PS3's .3% failure rate.

It really depends on what you really like. If you intend on doing most of your gaming online with others. There's no question the 360 is the way to go. The amount of users and content on 360 is unmatched compared to the PS3.

However if you plan on not doing anykind of online activity, or maybe just going online once in awhile/casually playing every now and then. Then the PS3 will be just fine.

here, in india both the xbox 360 pro and the playstation 3 retail for roughly the same price.

xbox 360 pro - 628 $ (with 4 free games)

sony playstation 3 - 627 $ (with free GRAN TURISMO 5 PROLOGUE)

also i am not into much online gaming only log in once in a while to play online.

the best genre of games i like is racing followed by action/adventure (like GTA IV) and i dont like FPS too much like to play FPS just once in a while.(Well i loved COD4 on my pc).

hope it helps you in providing better opinion.

Go with what you want, not our opinions.

Both systems are simmilar so don't go for the specs or fanboys.

Pick what games you want to play and get the system accordingly.

For a more online and shooter experience the Xbox360.
For PS3... Uhh Metal gear and other PS3 games, free internet, that is on top of your current internet bill.

Since you wont be online much, and don't like FPS's then I would go with the PS3.

My unbias opinion: As a few people have said already, go with the system that has or will have games you want to play.

[CENTER]PS3[/CENTER]

GAMES
Gran Turismo
Final Fantasy
Killzone
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Resistance
Littlebig Planet
Motorstorm
Haze
Home

PROS
Blu-Ray Player
Wireless internet out of the box
Mandatory HDD on all models
Controller
PSN is free
F@H
Basic motion sensing (If implemented well by the developer)
Reliability
Quiet
You're not stuck with Sony HDD's if you plan to upgrade. The PS3 uses laptop a laptop HDD.

CONS
Price
PSN is not as 'up to scratch' as Live
Controller
Current games lineup
Basic motion sensing (If not implemented well by the developer)
Sony have ditched backward compatibility on later more current models of the PS3
Size
Mandatory HDD installations on a few games

[CENTER]XBOX 360[/CENTER]

GAMES
Halo
Forza
Mass Effect
Gears of War
Fable
Project Gothem
Lost Odyssey

PROS
Price
Xbox Live is a well polished service
Controller
Current games lineup
You can buy replaceable batteries for the controller

CONS
RRoD
Reliability
Controller
Xbox Live isn't free
Supported next gen media format is now dead
No wireless out of the box
Massive Power brick
Loud
No HDD with cheaper 'Arcade' Models
You're stuck with overpriced MS HDD's

*Games listed are exclusive to each console"

I do realise Mass Effect and Gears of War are both on PC but this is a console topic so I'll list them as exclusives in this situation.

Now, my bias opinion: Get a PS3 here's why;

Games are better. The only good exclusive the 360 will have is Fable 2 which will end up on PC eventually anyway
It's sexy as all hell ;)
It's quiet
It's black and shiny!
It's got a better controller
It's got wireless out of the box and a free online service
It's got a Blu-Ray player
It wont break down the 3rd time you turn it on
It wont set your house on fire
It knows when it's overheating and shuts it's self down
It's helping to cure cancer
It's a Playstation :D

Hope this helps.

If anyone can assist me in some pro's for the 360 that would be great because I'm seriously stuck :|

Whenever you play a game on the PS3, it installs some of the necessary files on the HDD, which reduces loading times and gives smoother gameplay. GTA IV is an example, with the X360 version hanging and stuttering often (due to the cache being overloaded) compared to the PS3 version. That's about the only advantage compared to the X360, they're about equal otherwise, with a Blu-Ray drive rumoured to be in development for the X360 as well.

I'll have to join the opinion on getting a PS3, because in my particular experience I see the PS3 a console with more convenient features, probably the game line up is not as good as the XBOX 360 but that is improving, we're about a month away of MGS 4 and that a huge reason to get a PS3, the built in blu-ray player makes it a bargain and also the wireless out of the box mentioned before is excellent, for the xbox you'll have to pay for online and besides buy a wireless adapter.

The only reason I was willing to get an Xbox 360 was because some games seems to be 1080p while the PS3 are only 720p but I was wrong, according to some web sites the games that are 720p are just being upscaled by the xbox which the PS3 does the same thing through the HDMI and actually some of them look better on PS3, well the only one I've seen on both consoles is devil may cry 4 and I like it more on PS3.

The load times on the PS3 are excellent when a game install to reduce that amount of time, that is still one of my biggest complains of PS2 and PSP, but with PS3 the games load in a snap.

I could say a little bit more thing I like about the PS3 but I'm just giving you my opinion which is get a PS3, since you are not much into FPS games you'll enjoy uncharted, GT 5, MGS 4, and even the ones that are not exclusives are still a great choice for the PS3 like DMC 4, GTA IV, Assasins creed etc.

Being a owner of both consoles I can tell you I enjoy my PS3 more. I got my 360Elite in Nov because I wanted to play C&C 3 but i barely use my 360. Eventually i will use it more but for PS3 the good games are soon to come. GTAIV is great and soon to be in MGS4. Assasins creed sounds like a game worth trying as well. If you ask me both systems have 2many FPS games which become sickening and boring.

I doubt the blu-ray drive will be out...it will prolly come out towards the holidays but even if it does...that does not mean the 360 is going to be any better it just means the exclusive 360 fan boys are going to have to shell out another 200+ to watch the Hi-deff format winner. Which is basically besides the point here

I agree with what dude said about the controllers...I like PS controllers but 360 are not bad and i heard you can use them while playing PC games. I would go with the PS3 but dont buy the 40gig because If you have PS2 games i doubt you want to power that thing up again..but thats assuming your anything like me lol.

I agree with Myzz on everything. The 360's BR player is going to come out and cost an extra 200 dollars, then everyone with the HD-DVD player is going to complain (or already has).

If you get a PS3, get an 80 gig, or if you can find one, get a 60 gig due to it being a bit better.

@Rage - Not all PS3 games need an install

@Myzz - You can use a PS3 controller with the PC as well.

mopar man said:
I agree with Myzz on everything. The 360's BR player is going to come out and cost an extra 200 dollars, then everyone with the HD-DVD player is going to complain (or already has).

If you get a PS3, get an 80 gig, or if you can find one, get a 60 gig due to it being a bit better.

i dont think so that soon there will be a BD drive for 360

source :- https://www.techspot.com/news/29937-microsoft-denies-bluray-capable-xbox-360-rumors-again.html

also ,i hope the quality of the graphics will not look horrible on my 12 year old sony 25" Tv.

also,i love this forum .

i would have given everyone +ve rep if the old rep system was intact.

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back