First Warhammer: Vermintide 2 DLC, Shadows over Bogenhafen, launches this month

midian182

Staff member
Why it matters: For lovers of all things Warhammer, Vermintide 2 has been one of the best PC games of the year. But five months after its launch, many players are likely getting tired of replaying the same levels at increasingly higher difficulties. Thankfully, the first DLC is arriving this month.

Vermintide developer Fatshark has announced that the Shadows over Bogenhafen DLC will arrive for the PC and Xbox One on August 28. An announcement teaser trailer has been released, though all it shows is the market town enveloped in fog as fireworks are set off in the background.

We do know that the main bad guy in the Bogenhafen DLC will be Grandfather Nurgle, who’s also known as Plague Lord Nurgle, Plague God, the Lord of Decay, or just Nurgle to his friends.

“We are kicking off the fall with more content to Vermintide 2”, said Martin Wahlund, Fatshark’s CEO. “[In the] last week of August, the players will be invited to Bogenhafen, a city where the Heroes will be tested like never before by Grandfather Nurgle's unpleasant attentions”

No word yet on a price, but we're likely to find out more at Gamescom.

Long-time fans of Warhammer might recognize the Shadows over Bogenhafen name from The Enemy Within series of FRPG books published in the late 80s.

Vermintide and its sequel, for those who don’t know, are Left 4 Dead-style co-op titles that let you join up with three friends or bots and fight your way through hoards of enemies. The second game improves on the original in every way and is one of our Best PC Games (you should be playing) picks.

Permalink to story.

L4D Warhammer edition is a very pretty game, but the gameplay is so incredibly boring. I don't understand where all the hype comes from for the series.

L4D Warhammer edition is a very pretty game, but the gameplay is so incredibly boring. I don't understand where all the hype comes from for the series.

The game is pretty fun, but I do agree the gameplay can get boring. I picked the game up on Xbox Game Pass about a month ago and played it for like a week. I enjoyed it a lot, especially at first, but then it just got repetitive to me. It does have some nice graphics though, even on a console. It's a really cool concept though and it was the first game in the Warhammer series I was actually interested in.

The game is pretty fun, but I do agree the gameplay can get boring. I picked the game up on Xbox Game Pass about a month ago and played it for like a week. I enjoyed it a lot, especially at first, but then it just got repetitive to me. It does have some nice graphics though, even on a console. It's a really cool concept though and it was the first game in the Warhammer series I was actually interested in.

Yeah I was gifted the game on PC from a buddy. We played for a week and then stopped playing due to the repetition. I really wish it had a PVP mode like L4D.

Back