Flickering monitor lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alster37

im having a problem with my acer 23" monitor because when playing games i see lines move down the screen and they are fairly noticable. the worst game by far is medival total war 2 although while im typing this is see no lines at all. Can you help me solve my problem? last time it was the video cards fault but my gts 250 is running fine and my monitor is about 7 months old.

is it any problem while playing videos?
because its mostly caused due to gc may screw out.
just check it out the connections.

Those issues may be due to overheating.
Is this laptop, or desktop?

Download, and install SpeedFan: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
Post your computer temperatures:

p4377202.gif

Provide processor info (hold Windows logo key, and hit Pause/Break key to find out).

Post two sets of temperatures, while computer idle and while playing a game.

my graphics card rarely exceeds 70 at full load
monitor to GC cable is fine( no bent pins)
graphics card screwed in place as tight as possible
monitor to GC cable screws are tightly screwed in

any thoughts?

oh and ive got a desktop

Can you post SpeedFan numbers from some time, when you're playing a game?

Something is hot there at 79C, but SpeedFan is not always clear to read. I'm not sure what Temp3 is in your case.
To double check (take the reading while playing the game)....

Download, and install Everest Ultimate Edition 4.6: http://www.lavalys.com:8081/everestultimate460.exe
Enter following registration code (Help>Enter product key) to make it fully functional:
RHGJE-54X47-HML9C-V498I-UUMVI
(it's all legal, the above version has been recently offered as a free download)
Expand Computer folder.
Click on Sensor.
Post all info from there.

Downloaded, installed. Here is what I got

everest.png

It doesnt matter if im in game or not, temp3 remains at 78/79/80

What model of quad core is it?
As you can see from Everest log, something in your CPU unit is overheating. Not cores themselves, but some sensor (housing?) is red hot at 79C.

its an Amd athlon x4 630 2.8ghz
it seems strange because I only bought it 3 or so weeks ago and the lines have been on my screen for months. Im also on email with palit support to see if they know anything about this

Palit saying either damaged monitor or damaged VGA cable so I will swap monitors and cables around and see if there is a solution.

Turns out it was down to a damaged VGA cable. It has been replaced and Gaming is as good as it used to be.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back