For LinkedKube: Water-cooled final system

red1776

Here ya go T, the final product...well probably not :)

2.2Kw Holodeck 7

AMD-FX-8350@5.2GHz
Gigabyte GA-990-FXA-UD7 (rev 1.1)
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 MHz
4 X HD 7970 Quadfire
1x Corsiar AX1200W
2x FSP Group X5 500W =1000W
1XNexXxos XT45mm x 360mm Rads
2 x NexXxos XT45mm x 240mm Rads
1x NexXxos XT45mm x 120mm Rads
3X VPP-655 Pumps
1X Phobya DC-12-400 Pump
Koolance 370 CPU Block
4 x Heatkiller GPU X-3 Waterblocks
Rad Fans: Coolermaster Excalibur
Bitspower & Monsoon Fittings
Primochill Advanced LRT Tubing
Case CoolerMaster Cosmos 2
Heatkiller X-3 Multilink Quad Bridge
BitsPower Z-Multi 250mML Reservoir
Eyefinity 3+1 Extended 5760 x 1080-25" Monitors

I did end up going full parallel on the GPU's They go from idle @ 28c to 36c under load (Heaven 4.0)

How much did that cost you?
Considering the CPU+mobo ($400), 4x GPUs ($1600), 4x4GB dominator RAM ($250), PSU ($350). That by itself is about $2500. The waterblocks will probably get you to about >$3000. Then you add in the case and SSDs/HDDs. You do the math ;).

JC is on the right track. There is $1800 in cooling system so it's kind of nuts.
you know that your cooling system literly costs double my rig right?you rich son of a billionare. if only I had the money :) first thing id start with is to beat your rig fair and square just wondering if u went full out on the gpu's why didnt u wait for the centurion to come out or a sandybridge-e

you know that your cooling system literly costs double my rig right?you rich son of a billionare. if only I had the money :) first thing id start with is to beat your rig fair and square just wondering if u went full out on the gpu's why didnt u wait for the centurion to come out or a sandybridge-e

well....the short answer is that this rig is on top 20 benchlists on OCN, in the Futurmark HOF, sitting in the middle of heavily OC'd 3770/3960's with 4 x GPU's. There is a lot of bad info out there. I have a great deal of fun with that :)
BTW, I own a 3770K

He is a supportive of AMD. We need more of them! Plus, SB-E is 2 years old and is getting outdated.

I do wonder, what case is that your using? And what hard drives / SSD's? Just intruged thats all :)

Oh my sweet lord! I need me one of those, but probably less graphics cards since I game on one screen, I think 4 beasts would be a bit overkill xD

I was already sold on the cosmos 2, your just sealing the deal!

Oh my sweet lord! I need me one of those, but probably less graphics cards since I game on one screen, I think 4 beasts would be a bit overkill xD

I was already sold on the cosmos 2, your just sealing the deal!

I will sell ya one for a mere retail+20% :p ;)

This is just sick. I can't get across how jealous I am... even if I had the funding I'm too scared to go with real liquid myself.

This is just sick. I can't get across how jealous I am... even if I had the funding I'm too scared to go with real liquid myself.
We're in the same boat, LNCPapa. I can't tell you how many times I've set aside money for a liquid cooling setup just to scrap the project. The thought of potentially F'ing up a couple thousand dollars of HW is just too scary for me.

We're in the same boat, LNCPapa. I can't tell you how many times I've set aside money for a liquid cooling setup just to scrap the project. The thought of potentially F'ing up a couple thousand dollars of HW is just too scary for me.

Yeah. What if the tubing broke? A tube that costs about $2 can ruin your $5000 PC.

1) I defy you to show me tubing on FCPU that is $2.00
2)$2.75 a ft gets you very high quality tubing
3) I have never heard of tubing breaking that was not user error/abuse/improper installation (and that is extremely rare)
I would not try to cram watercooling down anyones throat, but watercooling failure is overwhelmingly caused by improper installation, mixing metals (mostly transitional and non transitional) like copper and aluminum. Basically not following directions or thinking the laws of physics, fluid dynamics don't apply to them.
I know its a pithy quote to say " a $2 part ruining $5000 machine" , however think about how many " $2" parts are in a PSU that if any one of them went sideways would roast the entire system. and the GPU, and the MB, etc. My point is that even an expensive build is full of .98 cent - $5.00 components that could let loose and destroy the works.

BTW, I am not dogging ya JC :) just another perspective :)

Back