Found: This 3D-printed toothbrush cleans your teeth in six seconds

Shawn Knight

Staff member

If you thought the 3D-printed cast we profiled a couple of months ago was futuristic, wait until you get a load of this – a 3D-printed toothbrush. It’s called the Blizzident and it promises to significantly cut down on the amount of time spent brushing your teeth.

The device is customized for each user by either making a mold of your teeth or performing a 3D scan at your dentist. The scan (the mold still needs to be scanned into a 3D file) is then sent to Blizzident which creates the toothbrush and sends it your way.

The device claims it can fully clean your teeth in just six seconds by popping it into your mouth and making biting and chewing motions. That’s much faster than a traditional brush cleaning which takes up to two minutes but expect to pay a price for the convenience – anywhere from $75 to $200 for the scan and another $299 for the 3D brush.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Is it strange that I find this really futuristic? I mean, we're getting faster processors and phones are becoming mini computers but none of it to me feels like its actually futuristic, I'm talking Mass Effect Style.

I could see shepherd using something like this to clean his teeth, but I could not seem him using an Galaxy S4 to contact someone. (just for reference, he uses an Omni-tool which has a holographic display).

Back