FPS problem with counterstrike 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi fellows this is my first post

i bought a new computer some months ago and tried to play counterstrike 1.6. Unfortunately my FPS are stuck at 60. I have latest drivers and also forced vertical sync off but the problem remains. I use fps_max 101 at counterstrike console also. if someone can help me or direct me to some solution i would be more than grateful. My system characteristics are

Windows Vista 64-bit ultimate, service pack 1
4 GB RAM
Intel Core Duo Cpu E6750 @ 2.66 GHz 2.66 Ghz
Asus Geforce 8800 GTS 512 (nvidia) PCI-E retail
LG FLATRON wide 22 inches (monitor)
Western Digital 500GB hard drive

If u need more info to help me out let me know. Thanks in advance :)

This sounds like a problem from runnning this in a 64-bit OS. You should run it in Windows Compatability Mode.

Find the Shortcut that you use to get into CS 1.6 right click it and click properties. Go to the compatibiltiy tab and check off "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows XP" or something like that.

Hope it helps. :)

I dunno, my computer does that, but it caps it at 59.9. No matter what I do, it won't change.

well it shouldent really be a problem unless you have super eyes. the human eye can only go about 60 fps when you get to about 20 fps is when you really start noticing it. most tv is on 24 fps i think.

Ok, after doing some minor research, I realised that I knew the anwer, but had forgotten. If your monitor is showing at 60Hz, and you have 100fps, the last 40fps is just plain dropped. If V-Sync is on, it caps at the refresh rate.

I have a game that hangs on 60 FPS as well. The game seems to play fine, just as smooth as all the others. It's like this one game is not showing real-time FPS readouts. The question is: does the game still seem o.k.?

Well, if it plays I'd assume its working ok. If it looks like the frames are moving fast enough I'd think it was fine.

Anyway, to the original poster: If you are running at 60Hz Vertical Refresh Rate, then there's now way to perceive more than 60fps from the human eye. It could be CS 1.6 is only showing the max as 60 due to the vertical refresh rate being 60Hz (Screens Per Second).

Obie wan, I really just posted that, just worded differently. If V-Sync is off, though, it will show above 60, but you won't see the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back