FPS problems in all games!

Hello,

I'm a passionate gamer and in don't know for how long but I think it started 5 months ago. All my games are in low FPS!!! I will link you my specs:

CPU Type:
Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
CPU Speed:
2.69 GHz
System Memory:
5.99 GB
Video Card Model:
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

The things I already tried are: Scanning for viruses etc. Updating Drivers. Everything on low quality.

I btw have 7 fps in Low quality in WoW and when Cata first came out I rocked like 120...

Can any1 help me with this?

Not sure how you rocked 120 fps in WoW unless you were running 640x480 but the first thing I'd check are your video drivers. Have you changed monitors to one with a significantly higher resolution? Have you turned up and of the image quality settings since you had a much better fps? That GTS 450 isn't a strong gaming card, but I think it should be able to do more than 7 fps with reasonable settings. I'd also run MSI Afterburner or the like to see how hard and hot your GPU is running while playing.

I agree with LNCPapa on all points. Did you do clean installations of those drivers you updated?

You can also try defragmenting your drives and getting rid of any junk files on your system. Those little things are often overlooked. Over time, though, they can start to affect performance. Also, make sure there aren't any demanding programs running in the background while you play.

Hope that helps even a little.:)

Ive cleaned up the system with Defrag, and the full AVG version. He found a little something and I removed it. And it is fixed! Stupid of me not to think about it myself and wasting ur time.

Thanks for the help!

Back