FPS related lagging issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! I'm currently playing [PROTOTYPE]. The game lag occasionally and now I'm kinda frustrated with it. I Googled 'bout this and it says it's kinda related to the fps. However, my pc meets all the minimum requirements for [PROTOTYPE] except the processor. It has to be Core 2 Duo but I used Pentium 4. Below are the specs of my pc:

3.06GHz Pentium 4, 1.5GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1650 512MB Graphic Card.

I just want to know that is processor really that crucial for the game? And if yes, how can I prevent the game from lagging without upgrading it to a better processor?

P/S: I played before Left 4 Dead 2 with such specs and high graphic details. It doesn't lag though.

I think Prototype is more of a CPU-demanding game because of the larger scale and number of NPC's in any given area, so yea the processor is important. If you were using a Pentium dual core you'd be better off but a 3Ghz P4 single core is not a very good gaming processor... at least when it comes to today's standards. The game is also a port of a 360 title and not optimized for PC's like Left 4 Dead is.

I think Prototype is more of a CPU-demanding game because of the larger scale and number of NPC's in any given area, so yea the processor is important. If you were using a Pentium dual core you'd be better off but a 3Ghz P4 single core is not a very good gaming processor... at least when it comes to today's standards. The game is also a port of a 360 title and not optimized for PC's like Left 4 Dead is.

Hey, thanks anyway. Looks like I'm gotta start saving money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back