Frames In Different Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

princeton

Hello There,
I have noticed in games like crysis a steady framerate of 30fps is quite smooth. But in a game like Call of duty(any of them) when you drop below 60fps it seems choppy. I also notice that the reviews for game like MW2 say an average of 60fps is sufficiant for stutter free gameplay where In my opinion a Minimum of 60fps is requires for stutter free gameplay. What causes this severe change? And am I the only one who notices this in games like Combat Arms,Bioshock,Far Cry,Call Of Duty. I also notice that even though my monitor has a refresh rate of 60hz when I change my Nvidia control panel to advanced 3D settings instead of letting the 3D application choose anything below 90fps is extremely stuttery with any combination of settings. Any help with answering these questions is appreciated.

um if u have a gtx 260 u should never notice slowdown in the games u mentioned except maybe farcry 2 and crysis. is ur video card getting sufficient power?

Set AA to auto and try to play with v-sync on/off. Also at what resolution do you play? Driver version?
As you can see I have a gtx 260, q9550, 4gb ddr2@1066. I played the same games in Xp, Vista, W7x64 with no troubles at all at 1680x1050@60Hz.

Set AA to auto and try to play with v-sync on/off. Also at what resolution do you play? Driver version?
As you can see I have a gtx 260, q9550, 4gb ddr2@1066. I played the same games in Xp, Vista, W7x64 with no troubles at all at 1680x1050@60Hz.

Can you list your nvidia driver version and values for advanced settings? It would really help. I've checked the nvidia CP tweak guide but I can never find out what causes games to seem choppier when I use those settings. I play at 1280x1024. I know I need a new monitor.

I'm still on 196.21drivers and the settings are attached. Using the same settings with minor variations. If you want higher fps (with ups and downs) then turn V-Sync off, if you want steady fps then turn V-Sync on.

Attachments

• NVSettingsP1.jpg
    NVSettingsP1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 4
  • NVSettingsP2.jpg
    NVSettingsP2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back