Freebie: Amazon offers more than $100 worth of Android apps at no charge

Shawn Knight

Staff member

amazon android free apps android apps free apps

In celebration of its App Store turning four, Amazon is offering more than $100 worth of Android apps free of charge. Here’s everything you need to know to cash in on the offer before it expires.

The following premium apps are up for grabs through March 21:

Five Nights at Freddy’s 2, Cut the Rope, SUPER WHY!, World of Goo, Alphabet Aquarium Volume 1, Kingdom Rush Origins, Ruzzle, The Hidden World, Elements of Photography Pro, Atomus HD, Unpossible, Guardians of the Galaxy: The Universal Weapon, EasyTether, Servers Ultimate Pro, Repix – Full Version, Monkey Preschool Explorers, Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek, Bank Escape Pro, G-Stomper Studio, SimplePlanes, Business Calendar, NeoCal Advanced Calculator, Sago Mini Ocean Swimmer, Amelia and Terror of the Night – Story Book for Kids, Reading Trainer, Chimpact 2 Family Tree, Adventure Beyond Time, HanDBase Database Manager, OpenDocument Reader, Pumped BMX 2, FolderSync, Slingshot Racing, Cross DJ Pro and Deep Under the Sky.

While it’s highly unlikely that everyone will download each and every title, there are plenty of high profile apps to select from including Cut the Rope, Ruzzle, World of Goo and Five Nights at Freddy’s 2.

I didn’t click through to every app but of the dozen or so I checked out, most carried a retail price of around $2-3 while a few like HanDBase Database Manager and Cross DJ Pro regularly sell for $9.99. Collectively, the entire bundle would normally sell for $105.

Amazon's hardware doesn't have access to the Google Play Store, which is why the company started its own app store. While not as large as Google Play, the Amazon Appstore currently has more than 400,000 titles and it can be used as an alternative on any Android device. To get in on the action, simply download and install the Amazon Appstore app on your Android device then log in with your existing Amazon credentials.

Permalink to story.

It's nice of them but I really don't feel like opening another online account especially if I'm going to use them once and never again. I'll wait until Amazon becomes big here like in other countries then I maybe I'll shop on it on a regular basis.

Back