Frequent BSOD on Vista, although formatted into Win 7 Professional

linanur

View attachment 052211-19110-01.dmp

View attachment 052211-25506-01.dmp

Hi, I'm having a heavy problem with BSoD. A friend of mine borrowed my laptop and installed SP1 with Visual Basic 2010 Ultimate on my laptop. Since then BSoD kept on popping every time she opens any program and shuts down immediately. I tried uninstalling but it doesn't help to avoid the BSoD.

This problem occured to me before, but after I format, it usually disappears. Now I'm using Win 7 Professional, it still pops out. I have no idea what happened. I've attached 2 minidump files and please help me figure out what's wrong...

Um... I'm not sure about that, sorry. But, I'm using Dell Inspiron, bought it from Dell's online store. I think it uses onboard video...

Your issue is with your onboard video drivers. Go to Dell's website, find your eaxct model, and update your onboard video drivers to the latest offerings.

Your issue is with your onboard video drivers. Go to Dell's website, find your eaxct model, and update your onboard video drivers to the latest offerings.

Oh, really? Does the minidump actually show that it's the onboard video driver's fault?? Thank you so much. I'll try to fix it.
Oh but then again, since I've formatted into Win 7 Professional, Dell only offers the video driver in Windows Vista 32-bit, which is my original OS.
Do I have to reformat back to Windows Vista??

Sorry for double posting but, these are the drivers for my laptop.
I'm not good with computers so... do you mind advising me which one can be used?
Place "www" in front of it...

supportapj.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WLH&osl=EN&hidos=WLH&hidlang=en&scanSupported=False&scanConsent=False&ServiceTag=5P7DQ1S&tabindex=0&catid=-1&impid=-1&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&dateid=-1

Sorry, can't access that link.

To answer your first question the issue is with the Intel Graphics Accelerater Driver igdkmd32.sys.

Question: Were you having any issues when running under Vista 32?

Oh, sorry... I think the link expired somehow.

Em, yeah. I used to have blue screen before, but I formatted back and it went normal.

It was until a friend of mine borrowed mine and used it for her project, it went BSoD again. So far, nothing went wrong with my computer besides BSoD.

About the Intel Graphics Accelerater Driver igdkmd32.sys, thanks for the information. I did find the driver but the format is in sys file after I unzip it. Do I have to place it in some location in local disk C?

Before we do any updating find out exactly what your friend used your system for including any online work, the sites he accessed, and if any software was downloaded or utilized.

Also, contact Dell and ask their tech support for help about the Intel driver because it may be that the current Intel driver does not function under Windows 7 properly.

For diagnostic purposes run your antivirus software.

She said she only installed Visual Basic 2010 Ultimate and Service Pack one on my laptop, before it was formatted into Windows 7. She didn't access any other websited except Facebook.

I've scanned my laptop using the antivirus software, nothing can be found though.

As for Dell Support, this laptop I'm using is already 3 years old, so even if I contact Dell, since I don't have warranty left, they can't help me.

Give me your full system model name and number and I will look for what they offer for driver updates.

Oh, um.. It's kind of old model though... and I'm sorry for troubling you to these lengths.

My model is Dell Inspiron 640m, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5300 @ 1.73 Ghz.

3Gb RAM, 32-bit Operating system. Used Windows Vista 32-bit but formatted into Windows 7 Professional x86...

Back