Frequent Restarts on Windows XP - BCCode and Minidump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I recently reformatted my hard drive. I have now reinstalled everything, and updated all my drivers, however when I go to play World of Warcraft the computer restarts. I turned off Auto Restart and get the following STOP message:

STOP 0x0000007F (0x0000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Once the restart has finished I get a message saying:

Windows has recovered from a serious error.

When I click for further information I get this message:

BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 0000000D BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1

I have no idea what this message means. Wonder if anyone else knows?

P.S. I have tried running other games on the same PC, they all run fine. However they are single player games, so I can't be sure as to whether it is a problem with just WoW or all online games.

My PC specs are included as an attachment, as well as another copy of the error messages I recieve and a couple Minidumps.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• comp specs.txt
    46.4 KB · Views: 7
Hi peterdiva, thanks for the quick reply.

That thread does indeed look like the same issue.

However, I've downloaded the Omega Drivers, uninstalled the ATI ones I'm using, run DriverSweeper in safe mode and then installed the Omega ones after restarting again.

When the PC restarts the desktop looks as if there are no drivers installed. I go to DxDiag and it says inside the Diplay tab: n/a. It also shows n/a in the Driver Information to the right.

I found Omega Driver in my Start Menu and clicked the option (Re)Install Omega Drivers. It opens up the ATI driver install window (something it didn't do when I clicked on the link on the desktop). I click 'Next' through the screens until I get the error message:

'Setup could not find a driver to match your current hardware or operating system. Setup will now exit'

This is a very familiar error message as I get this whenever I try to update my drivers via the drivers on the ATI website. The only drivers I can succesfully install are the 'Hotfixes' from the Sapphire website. These are the ones I am currently using which cause WoW to restart.

I have definitely downloaded the ones for ATI and Windows XP.

Thanks peterdiva.

Ah thanks for your help peterdiva!

I managed to get one of the Sapphire drivers on it and working. Really weird as the first time I installed them they didn't help, and then the second time I installed them, out of sheer desperation, they worked :s

I can't post links for some reason, but I jsut went on the Drivers section of Sapphires site, put in VGA > Radeon > HD 3850 512MB AGP.

And then it's the one listed for 8.12, 2nd from the bottom.

NOT!!!! the 'CCC Only' one.

Thanks a lot for your help peterdiva, guys like you are absolute lifesavers! Keep up the good work!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back