Friend's Internet failed - possible setting in Windows?

Legoflamb

Ok so his power turned off randomly in his house because of some faulty kitchen appliance.

His computer started in safe mode and he thought it was broken so he started messing with services/startup.

Now he has no internet because in the network connections folder it says windows can't display any adapters and he doesn't know what he's done.

His internet in the house is still working because he has access on his blackberry it's just purely the access on his computer.

I'm nowhere near him and I'm on W7 not XP like he is and I can't really fix his problem but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what he might have done?

In services I told him to check that Network Connections 'Netman' service was on but don't know what else to say.

Thanks for any help you can provide guys!

Try System Restore to a point before the power problem. If that doesn't help, try uninstalling the old LAN/NIC driver through Add or Remove Programs and installing a fresh new one.

Ok he's got internet back on by turning on services again etc - but now it's deathly slow which turned off service could be responsible for this?

Cheers!

Back