Fugifilm mx -1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

femmym

i got a fugifim mx-1200 digital camera its the first time i have ever had a digital camera its second hand and hasnt got any instructions with it . does anyone know how i would transfer my pics on to my smart media card so that i can then put the card into my card reader and transfer them onto my computer .
femmym

The Fujifilm camera manuals are all found at the Fujifilm site which you can locate with a Bing or Google search.

i have had a look for some advice regarding transfering my pics off camera onto a smart media card and putting and card into the card reader to transfer onto PC no luck . i even thought it might be something to do with my PC as im using vista but on my laptop im using XP it wont work on either the card is brand new but i bought it off someone who hasnt got the receit anymore. i have no idea what it might be .
femmym

You may have to format the memory card before adding the first images to it.
Then you may use the camera, or you may prefer to use a memory card reader. You attach a USB cable to the camera or to the memory reader, and then use drag and drop or software such as Picasa, Irfanview, Gump, or a software disc which came with the camera to migrate the images to a location you select on your software. The possibilities are practically limitless.
There is usually, with the Fujifilm camera, a special USB cable which has a much smaller and odd shaped plug which inserts into the camera. The other end is standard USB and plugs into the computer. With this cable, you can move images directly from the camera to the computer without the use of the memory chip... It is most important to know the type of memory chip you have and the speed at which it works in various devices.

What must happen is the user must take some time, often extending into several hours, to become familiar with the memory system and with the camera.
If you don't have the manual for the camera, print the manual found on the Fujifilm website to use as a guide in learning how to perform all the tasks of your camera system.

thanx for the advice i have noticed the format option on the camera im not sure how to use the camera as i havent had one before ill givve it a try by formating
, i cant use a USB lead as i havent got one for the camera i think it is a rs232 cable that i need for it the round pin goes into the camera then i think the other end which is a s quare one with two pins on the both ends .

UPDATE i took my camera to a computer shop local to me and after he tryed to format the pics onto his pc the same way as i was doing back at home he couldnt get it to format .
so what he did is some more tests to see if it might be the card reader or something else but it wasnt as he tryed another card he had spare in the shop in my catd reader and it worked perfectly. so he said it must be the wrong type of smart card you got as there is more than one available but there is only ebay that seem to sell them as they are old now unless anyone knows were else you could get one from i have tryed two of the shops local to me one which is maplins the other is jessops neither stock them anymore.

Available at www.directron.com, www.frys.com, www.pcmall.com, www. www.outpost.com, www.newegg.com, www.zipzoomfly.com most of the time, www.tigerdirect.com, www.cdw.com, www. www.kahlon.com, www.ritzcamera.com, www.jessops.com, www.flash-memory-store.com, and so many more.
You could do a search for digital camera memory cards, or Flash memory sources. They also have them at amazon.com, most staples, most Office.max, most Office.depot.
There is nothing bad about buying Smart cards from eBay either. Failures are rare and the prices are right.

I do not know your camera.
You may benefit from a look at the online manual to discover if there are limits to the size of smart card that camera will use... at least for your first one.
Some older cameras are limited to 1, 2, or 4 GB, and do not respond to the newest high-speed memory modules.
But Fujifilm is one of the top 7 camera manufacturers, so I expect most will work.

hi ,
well i bought the camera with the smart card i have only just noticed that the box it came in is different to what it says on the card the box says 16 mb the card is 2MB,this is why it probally dont work also says on the back of the box that it takes a 4 MB and upwards least i know what the problem is now after reading the box thankyou very much for your help much appreciated.
femmym

No. This is a good camera. It will work with any card from 64 mb, to 128mb to 1 GB to 2 GB to 4 GB to 16 GB...
You have a bad card... perhaps...
Do a search for Formatting a Smart Card. There are a number of ways to correct that card unless it is permanently damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back