Function keys don't work with my external keyboard. Laptop's function keys work though.

wrthlsscrture

My external keyboard's function keys don't work; my laptop's function keys work though.

I opened the Device Manager and saw that the Intel Serial IO UART Host Controller - A328's icon has a warning sign. I checked the controller's properties and it's a Code 52 error:

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source."

I don't know what caused that to happen.

How old is the keyboard and who makes it? You might try uninstalling the keyboard driver and restarting the computer or updating it from the manufacturer' website. Also, there is the warning about malicious software which probably means a virus. Check Virus and Malware removal on this website for instructions to clean the computer.

How old is the keyboard and who makes it? You might try uninstalling the keyboard driver and restarting the computer or updating it from the manufacturer' website. Also, there is the warning about malicious software which probably means a virus. Check Virus and Malware removal on this website for instructions to clean the computer.
It's a Logitech G Pro, release date March 2017. I tried uninstalling the HID Keyboard Device that is related to Logitech and just reinstalled the driver with Driver Booster.

I scanned my computer for a virus with Malwarebytes and it detected nothing but Segurazo.

F keys still don't work.

Last edited:
It may be the keyboard itself. Check the laptop with another external kb and see if the function keys work, that would rule out anything wrong with the laptop if it does work. Also, is the kb wired or wireless? And you might try a manual install of the latest driver from logitech's website.

Back