GA-990FXA-UD3 vs. Asus M5A99X EVO

Atham

Which motherboard is better for this rig:

CPU: AMD Phenom x6 1100T
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212+
GPU: MSI RADEON R6950 Twin Frozr III - maybe will go crossfire in future.
PSU: Corsair GS800
HDD 1TB
RAM 2x2GB RAM Dual channel Kingston DDR3

Thanks in advance

Mobo

I went with the Asus M5A99x EVO because I trust the brand and dont plan on running dual sli/crossfire

In your situation, i would choose the GA-990FXA-UD3 if you want to run crossfire because it runs its at a full pci 2x16 with X16/x16 capability where the asus only runs a max of x8/x8 crossfire

Is this necessary?

I went with the Asus M5A99x EVO because I trust the brand and dont plan on running dual sli/crossfire

In your situation, i would choose the GA-990FXA-UD3 if you want to run crossfire because it runs its at a full pci 2x16 with X16/x16 capability where the asus only runs a max of x8/x8 crossfire
Does that matter?

I've opted for the GA-990XA-UD3 myself, as its unlikely at the moment I will be interested in more than 2-way CF (3rd GPU at 4x on this board). My next GPU will most likely be a HD6950/70 reference anyway, so two of these babies will be fine with pretty much anything.

Keep in mind that even though you have extra PCI-E x16 slots, they are good for more than just graphics cards. They can also be used for PCI-E x1 or x4 expansion cards if you want.

Back