Game Developing Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolvman

1. I have been trying to figure this out for some time now but I just can't figure out what I need to know. Basically my question is this, what is the best software for making entire 3D Video games. Specifically I am really wanting to know what the best 3D Modeling, Animating, and Texturing Programs are right now. I know about Solidworks, 3DS Max 2008, Maya, Rhino, and some others, but I'm not sure which of those is best at making 3D models to be used in a full video game for creating everything to trees for the envrironment to creatures and enemies to fight.

2. I am also wondering if anyone knows what is the best animating software for a video game company to use.

3. For the last part, I need to know what program textures the 3D models best. I really want to know what I would be missing if I chose one program over the other. So does anyone know what programs does these jobs best or atleast what program is good enough for an entire full blown video game company to use? Thanks in advance.

Wolvman, can you please edit it a little? I hate reading mini walls of text....

Anyway, I myself (considering I am the one that will be working with the program chosen) want to know this also. I am interested in finding what programs work with each other for best performance.

Most big companies use 3Ds Max and Maya. Probably Photoshop or other graphic manipulation software like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back