Games / Computer starting to lag

My computer started failing all of the sudden my games start to lagg a lot. I play Dota 2 and PUBG. When playing PUBG on HIGH quality, my pc will sometimes reboot during gameplay. In Dota2 I tried to go into demo mode where you can spamm some spells which will require lots of graphic that is made in the game. After 1-2 minutes it reboots so it seems when its under lots of stress it cannot handle it and reboots. I checked my windows event logg and to see what event it loggs when it reboots and it gave me a critical error with the event id 41 that was about "kernel power". It does not give me so much more information. However if I play PUBG at low resolution the game works fine. Some small laggs every now and then.

In Dota2 it does not matter what resolution I pick. It is VERY laggy all the time. My fps is 120 and there is no problem with my network. I also notice that the lagg sometimes dissapears for 2-3 seconds and then starts to lagg again.

Another thing that I noticedis when scrolling down on my normal browser(firefox). It is not smooth. I tried scrolling up and down all the time to see if it ever gets better ( like in dota2 when the lagg suddenly stops) and it did in the browser also. Scrolling is smooth for 1-2 seconds and then goes back the the same old lagging.

I tried reinstalling Windows 10 but it did not work.
I also updated my bios and it did not help either.

My first original thought was that my PSU was not able to give enough power and thats why it rebooted sometimes when it needed more power. However it does not explain the sudden lagg in Dota2 which has never occured before. Also I cant imagine that scrolling on my browser would need much and if that is lagging and sometimes getting better I feel like there is something else behind this problem.

One thing to add is that 2 months ago I installed my new graphic card the one mentioned above and thats when the sudden reboots started happening. I solved that by scaling down the resolution in PUBG. In Dota2/browser I never had problems untill yesterday.

My specs:
Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 TI(11GB)
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 3.5GHz
Motherboard: MSI PC MATE Z97
PSU: Corsair CX750M 750W

If you need any additional information just telll me

That is a big video card... 11GB! It requires a lot of power. Have you confirmed that you have the power CORRECTLY connected?

Go back to video card manual from the maker. Double check that each connection provides all the power required. I think it is likely that you need TWO 8-pin connections. Fortunately, the PSU has a BIG single 12v rail so that isn't an issue. Since this is a modular unit, you have to check connections at BOTH ends.

Thank you for the reply. This is what it requires (6+8) pins
mLYtx-

And this is the way I connect it:

http://imgur.com/a/zPi6b
mLYtx-

OK, let's suppose power is correct.
What else could cause 'glitches' in use with occasional 'reboot' during games? Many things....
So best approach is to focus on proving 'good' operation at least cost...

Become familiar with Administrative Tools.. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/administrative-tools-in-windows-10

1. Malware? Run full scan using recognized anti-malware.
2. HDD/SSD problems? Download and run test utilities from manufacturer's websites. Run cleanup. Run TRIM on SSD. Run defrag on HDD.
3. Bad/corrupt video drivers? Remove with DDU (download from Techspot) and download and install fresh driver from nVidia.
4. RAM problem? Download memtest86 from Techspot, make bootable media as per instructions, boot and run 'continuous' overnight (lots of passes).
5. Heat stress? Confirm proper operation of all fans. If system is over a year old, clean out dust bunnies. If system is over 2 years old, replace thermal paste for CPU. YouTube has excellent instruction videos for this.
6. Hidden 'application' or 'driver' issues? Check for Windows Error Reports in Administrative Tools.
7. If crashes are BSODs, download and run BlueScreenView (download from Techspot). More information about BSODs is here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-configure-windows-10-create-minidump-bsod.html

If you encounter something that is sub-optimal, let us know - include any steps taken and description of results.

Alright so the problem is solved. I am guessing that it was some kind of virus or some windows files that were bad or something.

When reinstalling Windows 10, windows 10 Gives you two possible ways to do it. One that cleans everything. And one more faster reinstall(still deletes both drives).
The first time I did the fast one. Since I did not think it would matter. This time I did the one that cleaned everything. Now it works. No lagg when I play nor when I scroll. Thank you for the help

Back