Gaming Computer Build Check

Prince Jimmy

Hey, I am wanting to make my first gaming computer and despite all my research and back checking, I still feel like something may be wrong, not to mention if possible I would like to save a bit more money since I am just above my budget of about $500. Below is a link to my build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/prince/saved/4Fbc

I am hoping to play mainly games like WoW, Arche Age, and mmos like that. Also I may occasionally play something more demanding like Skyrim or something. Any tips, and if possible money saves, let me know.
Thank You!!

Probably better to get rid of the GPU and just go with an AMD APU. Like A10-5800K
If I get a GPU I can continue to upgrade my graphics though. If I do get an APU is it possible for me to change it out later for an improved APU or even a GPU?

An APU has internal graphics that is comparable to an average dedicated card. The internal graphics will be disabled when inserting a dedicated card. Your best bet would be to decide where you want to be with graphics and ask if an APU is suitable. If not then you could make a choice to get dedicated. Choosing an APU over a standard CPU will not get in your way for choosing a dedicated card.

It is the same way with Intel, most of their CPU's have integrated that is disabled when using a dedicated graphics solution. In fact I'm running a i7-2600K that has integrated graphics on a motherboard that does not support graphics. Since the motherboard doesn't support graphics the internal graphics cannot be accessed and a dedicated graphics card is required.

I was trying to explain there is no difference. With APU all you have to do is add a dedicated graphics card. The integrated will be automatically disabled. There is nothing you need to do to disable the integrated graphics. It is just as easy as taking a card out and putting in a new card. Actually it is easier, because you don't have the old card to deal with.

The APU I said above will probably give you better performance than the dedicated card you picked. use it for a year or more, and take the money you saved and save more. Then you can purchase a better card and slot it in.

That GPU is very low end and lower than most high end APU's are now just using the integrated. I would not buy that GPU because you can put the money into a better area and still upgrade the GPU later (Like the others stated above).

Back