Gaming Desktop

Bruno Almeida

Hello!

I want to build a gaming desktop and I also would like some oppinions about what I am looking at the moment. I have an idea, because I made my search and found some cool stuff here, but I want to discuss it with you guys to have some oppinions about what it would be my gaming rid.
I mainly use the computer for gaming: Battlefield 3, League of Legends, Diablo 3, FIFA 13. I also like to watch movies in Full HD (1080p).
I hope you guys can help me, cuz I want to build a PC in 2 weeks.

CPU ______ Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard ______ ASRock Z77 Extreme6 ATX LGA1155
Memory ______ C48 4GB DDR3 1600MHz (2x)
Storage ______ SanDisk 2,5'' 128GB SATA3 SSD - Hitachi Deskstar 500GB SATA 3,5'' 7200RPM
Video Card ______ Asus GTX660-DC2-2GD5 VGA
Case ______ Antec VSK-3000 EU
Power Supply ______ Antec HCG 620 M-EC

Thankyou very much ;)

• Go with the newest generation CPU, e.g. the i5 4570 which will be pretty much the same price.
  • Looks like you're not overclocking so you don't need a Z motherboard, go with a H87 (for the i5 4570)
  • Not sure which RAM you referenced but make sure it runs at 1.5V or less
  • The Crucial M500 is at a very good price nowadays and I would pick it over a Sandisk one.

Hello. Thankyou very much for the quick awsers.

• JC713 My budget is at 900Eur +/-

• slh28 Thankyou for your oppinion! I would like to know what it would be the difference between the CPU that I chose and the one that you mentioned.
  • No, at least for now (overclock).
  • The Memory RAM is the Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz (1.5V).
Thankyou both :)

The i5 4xxx series is the latest generation (Haswell) and is around 5-10% faster in CPU dependant tasks. There's going to be very little difference when gaming but there's also chipset improvements which come with Haswell such as power saving.

Anyway since they're pretty much the same price you might as well get the newest generation. The equivalent of the 3570 is actually the 4670 but the 4570 is at a better price point (depending on prices in your country) which is why I recommended that.

Well, thankyou very much, your reply helped me alot in order to improve my search for a good CPU. I think I'll be going for the i5 4570, cuz alot of people is talking about how good they are at the moment, so thanks :)

By the way, How about that motherboard and Graphics card?

• Should I wait for September 25th and wait for prices to low a bit in order to purchase a ATI 7970 cheaper than its actual price ? Or should I stay with that GTX 660?
  • Do that H87 do the job required, or should I go for example for a ASRock Z77 Extreme4 which is cheaper?
Once again, thankyou for you attention ;)

(btw, I forgot to mention that my budget is at 900Eur :b

• Should I wait for September 25th and wait for prices to low a bit in order to purchase a ATI 7970 cheaper than its actual price ? Or should I stay with that GTX 660?
Couldn't hurt, it's less than a week away. Prices have come down quite a bit recently anyway and a 7970 is quite a bit faster than a 660.

• Do that H87 do the job required, or should I go for example for a ASRock Z77 Extreme4 which is cheaper?
Z77 is not compatible with the i5 4570, you need an 8 series chipset (Z87, H87, H81, etc.) H87 is the best for your needs since you're not overclocking. Something like this will be fine

Ok, I'm getting there. So, to not bodder you anymore, and I am very greatfull for your attention to this post, and by that, wish you the best, as a final 'awser' what would you say about this System Build:
  • CPU [FONT=book antiqua] Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor[/FONT]
  • Motherboard [FONT=book antiqua]Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP ATX LGA1150 Motherboard or Gigabyte GA-H87M-HD3[/FONT]
  • Memory Ram[FONT=book antiqua] Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory[/FONT]
  • Storage [FONT=book antiqua]Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk + Hitachi Deskstar 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM [/FONT]
  • Graphics Card [FONT=book antiqua]Asus HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2 (1.0GHz)[/FONT]
  • Power Supply [FONT=book antiqua]XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V[/FONT]

Best Regards.

Motherboard: Go for the cheaper Gigabyte GA-H87M-HD3 since you won't make use of the Z87 platform.
SSD: I'd get a Crucial M500 over the standard Samsung 840 as they're pretty much the same price and the Crucial uses superior NAND.

Looks like you're pretty much good to go. See if your budget can stretch to a HD 7950, it will play pretty much all games on max settings at 1080p and also comes with quite a few free games.

Hello everyone. It is the second time that I am posting here in order to get my baby. During these days I asked for you to give me your sincerely oppinion about how was going on my actual suggestion of a *Gaming Desktop*. I googled very hard, asked many questions and a build came out. So what I will show it's all the parts that I think it will fit my needs for gaming. I live in The Netherlands, and I must say that it was hard to find a good store to purchase the parts that I want. I know I could pick them online, but I prefer to buy them on the store, even if I have to wait like 3 days for things to arrive.
Here is the link so that you can see pretty much how it will be: [My Gaming Desktop](http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/1G3oa)

I must say that I will buy these components in a store, in Rotterdam, named: *MyCom* and here is theyr website: [MyCom](http://www.mycom.nl/).

I found that some of the components that I'll purchase, here they don't exist or I just didn't pay close attention. So I'll refer here, the true name of the components like the GPU, PSU and CASE.
I changed aswell, the prices of components, so what you will see, is the *MyCom* website prices.

• PSU - Corsair CX600M
  • GPU - Sapphire HD7950 with Boost, 3GB
  • CASE - Corsair Carbide 500R

And that's it, I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I am enjoying building it and all what envolves it. Btw, I'll build it in a week :)
Don't forget to let me know your oppinion about this *Gaming Desktop*.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Hey :)[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Let me show you guys what I will buy this Saturday Gaming Desktop: FINAL. I will build it myself, with help of some videos. This is my 1st build so that's the reason why I am so excited eheh. I'll upload some pics after it's done.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]After a week of pure search and many questions, I got that build. Hope you guys like it, as much as I am enjoying it. Don't forget to let your oppinion, because it matters alot since it was you guys who let me find this lost build : D Cheers.[/FONT]

Great choices, Bruno - I built my Ivy Bridge system in a 400R case, and I'm very happy with it, although I wanted the 500R (wasn't available locally). The difference is the 500R has removable HDD cages and a 200mm fan on the side, and it looks better. Your build has all the right parts for a decent gaming rig, with no money wasted on things you don't need. You should also be able to skip the next couple generations of hardware and still play games at a decent frame rate 2 or 3 years from now. It's nice to see people do some research before posting this kind of question - as you probably noticed, your picks get better the longer you research a build, and it avoids a lot of confusion for those trying to help you. Good luck!

Great choices and yes it's nice to see someone who does proper research before buying random parts. Keep us updated with the build!

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Hey :)[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Let me show you guys what I will buy this Saturday Gaming Desktop: FINAL. I will build it myself, with help of some videos. This is my 1st build so that's the reason why I am so excited eheh. I'll upload some pics after it's done.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]After a week of pure search and many questions, I got that build. Hope you guys like it, as much as I am enjoying it. Don't forget to let your oppinion, because it matters alot since it was you guys who let me find this lost build : D Cheers.[/FONT]

I am also building my gaming PC, I have spent like the last 1 and a half month researching about this and I first made many choices like you,

Now, I am not very savy in this but I will just relay what I was able to research,

Assuming you are not overclocking and you will mostly do gaming with this rig you do not really need the 4670K, I would instead recommend the 4570 . Nor do you need a CPU cooler. spend the extra money from that on a better GPU :)

As for myself I have been going back and forth between graphic cards..I was going between the 7970 GHZ or GTX 770 and after checking some benchmarks it showed that the GTX 770 was a better performer.

However, AMD will release the next gen of cards in October, Also BF4 is being released 29th October if I recall right.

Personally I will be playing a lot of BF4. Because of that I have decided to wait and go for an AMD BF4 bundle. Even if you don't want to play BF4 id suggest waiting since most likely the prices for most AMD cards will drop.

This is just my personal opinion

I found a site in UK where I live called Dinopc.co.uk , I will order all my parts exept my GPU from them , Havnt been able to beat their prices on any other site I found so far.

Good luck and hope u get the comp you want :)

Back