Gataca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost certainly not, emachine motherboards are generally downsized from full sized ATX boards, though what you are planning may work anyway. The difference between ATX, uATX, and mATX is small, so why do you ask?

Almost certainly not, emachine motherboards are generally downsized from full sized ATX boards, though what you are planning may work anyway. The difference between ATX, uATX, and mATX is small, so why do you ask?

I am asking because I wanted to change my mobo in my computer and others opinions.
Thanks for getting back to me.

Just purchase a micro ATX, 2 PCI slot motherboard, and match the CPU, Memory and power supply to the new board. It will fit fine...

I'm not sure if a full sized ATX will fit in an emachine.

You will want to check the emachines site if they have compatability specifications, which they might not, and/or measure your case size. The largest ATX boards are normally 12 x 9.6, so you will want about a square foot for a new ATX motherboard.

I am asking because I wanted to change my mobo in my computer and others opinions.
For no reason? Keep in mind you could keep your motherboard, or just buy another mATX or uATX.

A standard ATX supply will fit into the eMachine. This is not "rocket science"... I have gutted many eMachines over the last few years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back