Gateway Laptop won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Gateway MX8734 that I bought a little over 2 years ago. My 9 year old Autistic child threw it on the couch during a meltdown and now it won't turn on. I had purchased the 2 year warranty through Gateway but missed the 2 yr mark by 3 months so it's no longer under warranty.

I pulled off the battery and the indicator on the back when pressed shows it is 50% charged. However no AC adapter lights come on when plugged in. The computer makes no sounds at all, no fans nothing. I check the power cord with a voltometer and it does get power. The computer was working very well before this happened. I have really no knowledge of laptops. I did take off the back to see if anything was shaken out of place but from what I can see everything seems ok. I know it's a long shot but if anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks- Carol

You might need to remove the hard drive and memory and reinstall them. They could have gotten loose when the laptop hit the couch

reseat the hard drive, the ram, and the battery. If it still won't post, something else is broken. laptops are fragile. If you have an uncontrollable child or jumpy pets, you may want to secure breakables. take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back