Gateway NE71B

I have a Gateway NE71B Series laptop computer AMD Dual Core Processor E1-200. I want to replace the original CPU with a upgrade CPU. I was told the CPU has a virus. What CPU should I upgrade to for better performance?

Hmm; Systems get virus', CPUs do not and thus replacement is not necessary for this kind of reason.

Hmm; Systems get virus', CPUs do not and thus replacement is not necessary for this kind of reason.
Thks jobeard for your response to a computer laptop rookie. U just saved me some money. My courser jumps backwards while typing passwords, entering data in a personal file, loosing entire paragraphs in an e-mail message a lot and is annoying. I have bit defender2015 protection from viruses and have none to date. I was using a mouse but had the same problems with using it. Now I just use the finger pad and up/down arrows to move courser to where I need it. My question is it a virus or just a simple fix like changing a setting? :confused:

Figure out WHEN you last installed anything (date + time) and do this.

Right-click on Computer->Properties.
Click on System Protection -> Protection Tab
click System Restore -> Next

now look thru the Date-Times shown
Pick a date-time not too far in the past but definitely prior to your last Install

if you select one and then click next, the system will roll -back to that date.
You can also Scan for affected programs or Cancel

Back