Geforce 9500 gs freezing problems on brand new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. i just bought a HP Pavillion Elite PC. After a few minutes of running games they freeze and i get a blue screen where there is a load of writing i dont understand or else it will just freeze and my monitor wont pick up a signal. On occasions of the second instance i have to actually plug out the machine from the socket. It is 3 days old. Always had the problem.

Also when there is a freeze and shutdown i can temporarily see that objects and effects are surrounded by little purple dots. While playing med 2 total war on occasion there would be weird triangular shapes appearing also.

1. Motherboard - Intel G31/g33/G35/P31/P35 chipset.....intel82801IR (ich9r) southbridge

2. Graphic interface -ehhh Windows Vista. is that what your looking for

3. Memory -4 gb ram

4. CPU -Intel core 2 QUAD q8200

5. CPU Speed -2.33Ghz....but there is 4 cores

6. Power Supply Make/Model - this info is hard for me to get. very poor experience with actually opening case. plus its brand new and i dont want to risk anything. A point to note though. The power supply should be enough to power my machine if have not added anything to it. This machine has been mass produced

7. Watt output/Amperage- sorry but i dont know where to get this info. hopefully not a problem.

8. Graphics Card- Nvidia 9500 GS

I have latest drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Same problem with geforce 9500 GS and HP PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

iam having the same problem, however i know if i take the computer back to the store i will get the run around for weeks on end, and then told to contact HP (reading many forums this problem has been encounterd before and HP nor NVidia excepts the blame).
i have read various forums that have suggested a few software tweeks, non of which worked.
a number of forums have suggested replacing the PSU or graphics card or even the whole mobo.
a number of heat rekated issues has also been mentioned, all the programs and diagnostics i have tried, even as far as sitting a room fan next to the computer witht the case lid removed but to no avail.

please can someone help, if i have the information to take to the store i may be in with a chance, maybe.

my specs

running 32 bit vista
geforce 9500 gs
300 watt PSU
foxconn mobo mcp73m01h1
core 2 quad q6700 2.66 ghz
4gb memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back