Geforce FX 5700 LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebird

I have a AMD Athlon xp 2600, 512 of pc2700 and a geforce fx 5700 le. would i be able to play FAR CRY better than the same computer with a GEFORCE 2 MX 400 ?? Please help me out . thanks.

LOL Solitare will play better with the FX-5700.
in a sence your jumping out of a Hundie and getting in a corvette.
it mostly has to do with the DirectX9.0 compatibility.
I too went from a MX-440 to a FX-chip (5200 Ultra) and even my desktop looked better.
Have fun

cool. thanks alot man. I was just worried that i wouldn't be able to play FAR CRY very well. thanks

It will certainly play FarCry better then the GF2MX but that doesn't mean it will play it well.

You're gonna have to lower the quality & the resolution to get a decent framerate out of that card.

Firebird said:
I have a AMD Athlon xp 2600, 512 of pc2700 and a geforce fx 5700 le. would i be able to play FAR CRY better than the same computer with a GEFORCE 2 MX 400 ?? Please help me out . thanks.

Far Cry is a resource hog on your system. 512mb probably won't cut it.I had the same amount of memory and tried to run the game. The darn thing was choppy.... at the time I had the Nvidia 6800 OC Needless to say I got an extra 512mb to add in........................:suspiciou

I used to have an Geforce 4 MX 440. And 2 days ago I upgraded to a Geforce FX 5700 LE. AND IM LOVING IT!!! I noticed a HUGE difference when playing Call Of Duty. I can run the game online with every setting on high and extra without a single peice of lag.

With the GF4 400. I ran the lowest settings and still had problems here and there. Its pretty sick.

I noticed though.. My old GF4 ran Halo differently then this new card. I liked the old way. But oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back