Getting BSOD while playing videos on iTunes

My Vaio (Windows XP SP3) has been crashing consistently while I'm watching videos on my PC through iTunes. It doesn't crash while playing music, just videos. I've played a couple of home videos through Media Player and they play fine, even an 18-min video. The system log is showing a system Error (102) 1003. I've tried un-installing and re-installing iTunes but that didn't help. I attached the last two minidumps; I don't have the program to read them. ANy help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Mini031511-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini031511-03.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 2
As per both minidumps the Intel Graphics Miniport Driver igxpmp32.sys that belongs to the software Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows is not loading.

Go to Sony's website for laptops, find your exact model and update the latest drivers for your system.

Monitor now out

I couldn't find that exact driver on Sony's eSupport. I updated the other graphics drivers and planned to look for the other one online. When I restarted the computer, it started fine, but then the monitor went blank and said "Out Of Range: H: -95.1 KHz V: +59.8Hz." I have no idea what that means or how to fix it.

Does it now remain blank or are you eventually able to see your desktop screen? Try starting it up in Safe Mode. What are the results?

Safe Mode

In safe mode the monitor works (BTW I have a tower not a laptop); however the screen resolution is 800x600 and it won't let me adjust it, or anything else having to do with the monitor. When I restarted in regular mode, it said out of range again wtih the same numbers.

VGA mode/igxpmp32.sys

If I start the computer in "Enable VGA mode" after pressing F8, everything shows up and I can adjust the resolution. Now it works fine.

I couldn't find the igxpmp32.sys driver at Sony's eSupport; do you know of a good place online to download it, that's not going to give me spyware?

Good for you! Nice work on your part. That driver gxpmp32.sys is part of Intel Graphics that came with your system. If your system is still having stability and no further issues then leave it as is.

Back