Ghostbusters: The Video Game is being remastered

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Something to look forward to: Ghostbusters: The Video Game, the 2009 release from now defunct developer Terminal Reality, is getting a remaster. The original was a surprisingly good game and lends hope that this new version will be equally as intriguing.

A reveal trailer for the new game was short on details but does promise high-resolution graphics and a 2019 launch date. With Terminal Reality out of the picture, Saber Interactive (Halo: The Master Chief Collection, World War Z) is leading development and Mad Dog Games will publish it.

The game’s website said it’ll feature voices and likenesses of the original cast including Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis (who died in 2014) and Ernie Hudson for an authentic Ghostbusters experience. It’s also penned by Aykroyd and Ramis, the writers of the original films.

Sony rebooted the film franchise in 2016 with an all-female lead cast. It grossed $229 million worldwide but due to its high production cost, was considered a box office flop. Another Ghostbusters movie is in the works for the summer of 2020 but details remain scarce at this time.

Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered is destined for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC via the Epic Games Store. An exact launch date hasn’t yet been provided.

Permalink to story.

Great! It's really a good game and I can't wait to play it.
OG version on PC is not bad, but it suffers horrible mouse acceleration ... so let's hope they will fix that.

I’m not sure what kind of game this needs to be to attract me.

The Ghostbusters don’t “kill” ghosts: they trap them.

That’s kinda boring.

Wait they are getting the voice and likeness of the actors for the game but they cant do the same for World War Z?

How did Ramis help pen this when we has been dead for 5 years? I guess this remaster must have been in the works awhile if Ramis actually had anything to do with it otherwise they are just simply using his name and Dan did most of the actual writing.

I liked that game. Unsurprising it does not look like it will be available on steam.

The one thing I wished about the original game, and maybe get lucky with this one, is mods.

Wait they are getting the voice and likeness of the actors for the game but they cant do the same for World War Z?

How did Ramis help pen this when we has been dead for 5 years? I guess this remaster must have been in the works awhile if Ramis actually had anything to do with it otherwise they are just simply using his name and Dan did most of the actual writing.

Pretty sure remastered means it's the same ghostbusters game but with better graphics so they are using the previous script and voices from the original game.

Pretty sure remastered means it's the same ghostbusters game but with better graphics so they are using the previous script and voices from the original game.
Pretty sure they arent using the exact script as the old one so that means someone wrote a new one or added to it which could only be Dan as Ramis is dead.

I liked that game. Unsurprising it does not look like it will be available on steam.

The one thing I wished about the original game, and maybe get lucky with this one, is mods.
Saber seems to be doing deals with Epic until Steam lowers their % or works out better deals. Some games may never see Steam.
I could careless.
I liked World War Z on Epic. Sure Steams platform is more robust but it is what it is. Game is still fun either way.

Pretty sure they arent using the exact script as the old one so that means someone wrote a new one or added to it which could only be Dan as Ramis is dead.

Pretty sure the article said nothing about changing the script or plot in any way. They referenced the original game having been written by Ramis and Akroyd and voiced by the old cast, then mentioned graphical remastering.

Pretty sure the article said nothing about changing the script or plot in any way. They referenced the original game having been written by Ramis and Akroyd and voiced by the old cast, then mentioned graphical remastering.
Im pretty sure someone with common sense knows that they are in no way using the exact script. No one ever does, not once. So yes some writing has taken place, which would have likely just been Dan since Ramis isn't alive. Unless Ramis was penning stuff before he passed which is possible.

Im pretty sure someone with common sense knows that they are in no way using the exact script. No one ever does, not once. So yes some writing has taken place, which would have likely just been Dan since Ramis isn't alive. Unless Ramis was penning stuff before he passed which is possible.

I have no idea why you think this *****ic assumption is anything remotely resembling common sense, but hey to each their own.

I suggest you learn the difference between "remaster" and "remake". Words have meanings.

EDIT: "No one ever does, not even once" - CITATION NEEDED.

I have no idea why you think this *****ic assumption is anything remotely resembling common sense, but hey to each their own.

I suggest you learn the difference between "remaster" and "remake". Words have meanings.

I don't need to cite anything. It's never been done, ever. No exact script has ever been used, there is always changes.
Im sorry you don't have common sense, it seems to have left this world a long time ago.

CoD was remastered, changes were made. In most eyes it was worse than the original version.

I don't need to cite anything. It's never been done, ever. No exact script has ever been used, there is always changes.
Im sorry you don't have common sense, it seems to have left this world a long time ago.

CoD was remastered, changes were made. In most eyes it was worse than the original version.

Never once? System Shock begs to differ. So does your example. CoD MW Remastered didn't change the script. They improved graphics, sound, and tweaked (with mixed results) gameplay. That's why they called it a REMASTER.

You're talking out of your backside.

Getting back to the original point, though: "The remastered version doesn't stray from the original story line, which was penned by Aykroyd and Ramis." (See link to Engadget article below)

But "never once", right? We should make baseless assumptions, right? LOOOL

https://www.engadget.com/2019/05/30/ghostbusters-video-game-remastered-playstation-ps4/

I personally will look forward to this, but hate to say, I think if VR is not considered for this, then it's a missed opportunity

Back