Going back to IE6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfatgoalie

Hi all, hopefully a pretty quick one but I am a bit of a novice at these things so thought i'd ask for a bit of help.

Recently installed IE7 and getting some errors from this, first one is the "Cannot find/access PSAPI.dll" (or something similar) when I first boot windows.

Ive seen this is quite common and I believe the fix is to rename all PSAPI.dll files to something like 'PSAPI.old' but I'm a bit reluctant to do this since i've read one person who did this couldnt get Windows to load at all after doing this!!

The next error is when opening IE7 which has an IE6 logo on my shortcut bar. When I navigate to any address I get an error; a new IE7 browser pops up and the message "windows cannot find '(null)' make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again" appears. No idea how to fix this and/or what it means.

I was wondering if anyone can help, perhaps more specifically should I just give up and go back to IE6? If I did, would all this rubbish go away? Or is IE7 worth sticking with?

Assuming I go back to IE6 how exaclty do you do that!? I have no idea so would appreciate some quick pointers on how to get rid of IE7 and go back to IE6.

Life seemed so much simpler then!

Thanks.

Mike

You can remove IE7 in Add/Remove Programs (Not in Vista though)

Also try this:

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back